Thisis Theend feat. JoanMary - Puppet Town (AudioSexed album)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by thisis theend, Mar 24, 2014.

1. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

This is the track I've been working on for the AudioSexed album.
    Final mix finished a bit late cause new ideas and changes kept on coming. But that's one of the fun things when you're working together with someone else, things develop in unexpected directions.
    Initially I wanted to collaborate with some other forum members on this but couldn't make that happen, so I had to bring in some local talent.
    A really cool girl named Johanna (demo name JoanMary) has done vocals, brought a lot of ideas and helped a bit with the arrangement. Big chunk of cred to her :)

[​IMG]

Thisis Theend feat. JoanMary - Puppet Town

http://soundcloud.com/thisis-theend-1/puppet-town

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

[​IMG]

All i want to know is when do we start out private tutorial sessions? :rofl:

Really enjoyed this track and it will fit so nicely on the album. Love the music, lyrics, theme...well everything about it. :blues: :grooves: :thumbsup: :mates:

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I moved this to the Lounge so people on AudioZ will see it. Either X or I will move it back in a day.

Members please don't post music in the lounge, I am only doing it because Our Music doesn't push to the AudioZ feed and I want people to get a little exposure for the awesome work they've put in on their tracks for the album.

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

:rofl:

Well that's one less thing to do.

6. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

Really glad you like it, guys.
    It's the first time in years that I've written, recorded and produced a full track in this format. Had great fun doing it and in the process it has given me a lot of inspiration and fresh ideas that feel pretty good. So I know what I'm gonna do this summer :drummer: :keys: :grooves:

I should say thanks once again to carl for comin up with the idea for this cool album project and gettin me involved.
    It has set me back on the track where I started many moons ago, writing and arranging songs.
    I guess I've been Audiosexed :thumbsup:

7. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    perfect synchronicity... *yes*

had some time to spend, so was about to read the following...

-----8<-----snip-----8<-----

but just how successful have the puppet-masters been at fostering social isolation?
    i am sorry to have to report here that a landmark new study (all but ignored by the american media) provides chilling evidence that the psychological warfare campaign has been wildly successful

according to a washington post report:

americans are far more socially isolated today than they were two decades ago, and a sharply growing number of people say they have no one in whom they can confide, according to a comprehensive new evaluation of the decline of social ties in the united states

a quarter of americans say they have no one with whom they can discuss personal troubles, more than double the number who were similarly isolated in 1985
    overall, the number of people americans have in their closest circle of confidants has dropped from around three to about two

the comprehensive new study paints a sobering picture of an increasingly fragmented america, where intimate social ties – once seen as an integral part of daily life and associated with a host of psychological and civic benefits – are shrinking or nonexistent
    in bad times, far more people appear to suffer alone

compared with 1985, nearly 50 percent more people in 2004 reported that their spouse is the only person they can confide in
    whereas nearly three-quarters of people in 1985 reported they had a friend in whom they could confide, only half in 2004 said they could count on such support
    the number of people who said they counted a neighbor as a confidant dropped by more than half, from about 19 percent to about 8 percent

let us be a bit more blunt here and stipulate that a society in which 24.6 percent of the people do not have a single close confidant, and an astounding 53.4 percent have no close non-kin relationships, is a very, very sick society
    it is debatable, in fact, whether it is actually a society at all, but rather an essentially random collection of strangers, unconnected to each other in any meaningful way, each going about their meaningless lives in conditioned isolation

-----8<-----snip-----8<-----

thanks for the great track, keep up doing more then some more... :bow:

post scriptum, sorry for being (again then again) off topic, will post the link for the article above if somone requires so...

post post scriptum, nearly forgot to mention, this article comes from BEFORE the age of the smartest phones available...

8. vsan

vsan Member

Wow! Thisis Theend. Congrats for this amazing track! The vocals are so fucking good. Good job! :thumbsup: :phones:

9. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

Yeah those vocals are kick-ass :grooves:

I knew already in the writing process that I would need someone else to come in and add their own flavour to make this good.
    So when Johanna started doin her stuff, that's when the track really started to evolve and come together.

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

2.49: This is a puppet town...just a town full of puppets...everything is falling down...and there ain't no way to stop it. :boombox:

I think I love this song more with every listen. Took it for a walk today through the streets...perfect fit.[​IMG]

And Johanna you're fucking kick-ass...that voice.[​IMG]

11. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

Thanks for the kind words, man. This positive response means a lot to me :bow:
    I really love this place right now, givin me a serious boost to focus on future writing, producing and hopefully workin more with Johanna and some others who's minds have not yet been trapped in any puppet town.

Did you get a copy of the 24bit file from Someone?

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

You certainly should, that song was truly excellent. It would be a damn shame for the world to not hear your music man. I think I must have played it at least 10 times on Soundcloud today.:grooves: