This version of POP is top!!! Music is awesome.

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Feb 2, 2018.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

The only version of POP (mixed with Electronica and Rock) that worth listening.

Not deep Electropop and Synthpop. They're so electronic and usually gloomy, particularly their future version by non native English singers that focus on the message more than the music itself.

I don't think this kind of POP to be in the spotlight by today's producers.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. foster911

foster911 Guest

4. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Nice song. Most of Phantograms tracks are rooted in hip hop no matter what it's called after some vocals hit it. Its more about the faces/names that are currently in the spotlight than it is about the music they perform to. For example, Kendrick Lamar could rap over this same track (Kendrick Lamar feat. Phantogram).. and it becomes a "right now" song regardless what category it's placed in.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  5. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Sounds like generic downtempo/trip-hop/post-rock electronica. The only difference between this and stuff like BOC, Tycho etc is the added vocals.

I remember Tricky and Portishead making the same (maybe better) type of music before. Not exactly new.

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

7. foster911

foster911 Guest

I never said it's new. If it was new, would absolutely suck. New producer's minds like mine have enormous unsolvable problems maybe we're tutored wrong or listening to wrong music. No one please use the term "wrong music" because it's been copyrighted by me.:rofl:

8. poly

poly Platinum Record

I want to believe but...

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

Music is not all about the chord changing. Chord changing excessively and also related subjects are the most nonsensical concepts injected into the music world by old-fashion thinking music professors or purists who haven't learned other than them in academia or not created even a pleasing music to ears in their whole lives, because for them the beauty has just nested inside the complexity and full-awareness like scientists' (unaware that they can never reach them).

10. Splicementality

Splicementality Kapellmeister

hi! i'm new here.
    i think pop is as dead as MJ!

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

Welcome to this forum!

If you dig, you'd find some good music today too. POP never dies, just reshapes itself as it's the most studied and tested category of music in full compliance with normal listeners' mentalities in the so-called modern world (9 persons out of 10 ones).

12. Splicementality

thank you!
    i'm all ears to whatever may cross, i'm not very genre-dependent even though i tend to fall back to certain music, because i find it more or less enjoyable that's all. - The reasons behind my statement are, i believe MJ really was future-pop even back in the 90's as much future as pop-music as i define it by standards really are today.

13. Blorg

Blorg Producer

"Nothing alcoholic?! Mother of God! Angels told me this place was drowning in cherry. And now -- only music, and music modulated with vile chords, at that. Oh yes, that's Ivan Kozlovsky all right, I could tell right away; no one else has a voice that nauseating. All voices, of all singers, are equally nauseating, but every one of them nauseates in its own, unique way. That's why I can tell them apart so easily, by ear. Well, of course Ivan Kozlovsky... "Oh, Chalice of my fore-bear-ers. Oh, let me gaze for-e-ever upon you under star-r-r-ry sky-ya-ies." Well, of course, Ivan Kozlovsky. "Oh, why am I smi-i-tten so by you... Don't re fu-oose-me..."
    [...]
    I felt a wave of nausea again." --Venedikt Yerofeev

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. foster911

foster911 Guest

I'm not dependent too but I think there must be a system that distinguishes good music from the experimental or bad ones and facilitates the audiences' accessess to those valuable materials. Fan based subjective promotion by every individual is virulent poison to the art.:dunno:

15. Splicementality

well from my own experience, i went through alot of music actually none of it, only some, went by the industry-standards as being "loud" "professionally mixed", songs could even be off-beat just because of mixing/recording failures. What i soke was just the cheer creativity in what the artist/s made. and that can really teach alot... Now being one that never really went with the "stream" i guess you could say too, that people's perception differ's alot.

i know good music, but i know good music only by my standards, as far as i can tell, people can't tell why it is "good" it's a learning curve in itself to just define what does what in a song, that's where the terminology listeners and musicians where born. good music is a question of perception. but i can evaluate more on how and what, but in the end it'll end up subjective since mind/ears are different.

16. foster911

foster911 Guest

Artist: Filter
    Album: The Amalgamut
    Released: 2002
    Genres: Alternative rock, Rock

Maybe I'm the only one can not find such super duper songs in today's non-artist based deep ship mainstream.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018
  17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

pop?

um
    Phantogram - Bloody Palms (2009) MFEAE

FOSTER911
    "The only version of POP (mixed with Electronica and Rock) that worth listening."

Nine Inch Nails - Closer (Director's Cut)

this is demonstrable evidence of a version of pop mixed with electronica and rock that is worth MORE to listen to than your claim that,

FOSTER"The only version of POP (mixed with Electronica and Rock) that worth listening."

POP means a large majority of human beings enjoy it.