This synth stab/hit?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by shake_puig, Mar 28, 2023.

1. shake_puig

shake_puig Producer

I'm having a hard time trying to remember this rave stab, I know I heard it before can't remember the source. Thanks in advance.

It shows up at 1:28

3. HYPE

HYPE Noisemaker

4. shake_puig

shake_puig Producer

This is a great plugin, some of them get close but not enough. Some layering might be involved, maybe it's a preset from the old Nexus or something.

5. Gwydion

Gwydion Kapellmeister

Yes, I'd bet its the "minor stab" from the very first Nexus "EDM" Expansion.

6. Joe_sleaze

Joe_sleaze Platinum Record

Khords by Loopmasters there's try before you buy version on the mother site. Has all the stabs and chords you could wish for.

Or you could program your own stab of course. Use a 2osc(or more) synth, detune 1 of the osc's by 5 or 7 semitones and shift it one octave up leave the other one alone and adjust the envelopes and filter to taste.