This Soviet beast will be cloned by Behringer.

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hackerz4life, Dec 18, 2021.

1. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Uli's evil cousin, aslo a typo. Edited for your reading pleasure

2. recycle

recycle Guest

Until some time ago Behringer teasing game could also have been fun, now it isn't anymore: enough is enough. I don't understand how people can still take what Mr Uli says seriously. The history of his demagogic announcements is well known

Oberheim OBXA
    Production announced in 2018, even before agreeing with Mr Oberheim. Due to its complexity, the product is now still in its experimental stage… We will probably play this keyboard in our seniority as retired musicians

Linn
    Teased without having even a vague idea of how to build it, some say that the photos posted are just a photoshop mockup

TD3 Devilfish
    Again: product teased in 2020, even before signing the agreement with Devilfish company (which ultimately rejected the unacceptable deal). It appears that Behringer eventually managed to clone the Devilfish circuitry while avoiding copyright issues. TD3MO Keyboard not yet on the market

DS80
    Announced in 2020, this is a Facebook post from june 2021:
    "We're all extremely excited to build a 100% authentic CS-80 and make it affordable for everyone. Stay tuned..."

RD9
    Behringer's Worst Embarrassment: announced in 2018, re-announced in 2019, 2020 and 2021 but not yet on the market for real. Hundreds of customers have it in backorder

We all know: Uli is a megalomaniac and makes promises that he cannot keep, the serious issue is that he learns nothing from his mistakes and continues straight on his way without taking responsibility for his actions and re-considering his own decisions.
    Ok, now let's add the soviet synth to the list as the final outrage

3. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I kind of agree but I wish I couldn't.

4. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

To be fair, the whole pandemic and supply route problems, mineral shortages, chip shortages, things are not as they were pre 2020 when they were tossing out synth after synth, we are lucky to have so many clones available from Behriner.
    No other company released so many products as they did.

5. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

In Soviet Russia soup bends Uri with spoon and makes shoe horn lick poon.

7. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Um, guys? Turns out Uli isn't as much of a dick as we thought.

He actually did it. Overdid it, in fact. Not in a bad way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

"Even a broken dick finds the right hole twice a day"
    -Terri Schiavo

9. recycle

recycle Guest

If the act of giving truly comes from the heart, it must remain private. In case there is a need to make it public, it can no longer be called charity, but planned advertising. Also, giving without boasting or seeking praise preserves the dignity of those who receive charity

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Well, Uli did give it all away without fanfare, aside of the initial announcement (which he overdelivered on). Also I believe Ben did have a moral obligation to make a follow-up to the first video.
    On top of that, in principle, being vocal about charity can be a way of attracting more attention to the problem instead of oneself, so more people will do the same.
    That being said, I don't know what Uli's motivation really is. Part of him is a very typical music tech dick, part of him seems to genuinely care about music-making tools being accessible.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I've never replied to myself like my sleeves are tied behind me and my walls are headbangably soft or anything like that.

But since we know Uli reads forums otherwise he would never get the wild idea to clone a GODDAMN POLYVOKS then it's our duty to start naming other oddball synths we want made cheaper and then voting on it.
    Order up all the shit that you want!

12. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

"Two years ago Vladimir Kuzmin and Behringer entered into a collaboration to develop a new Polivoks synthesizer. Here now is the latest prototype, which is now undergoing thorough testing and hopefully the approval of Vladimir.

Here is the official announcement from 2021:

Vladimir Kuzmin states: “With great interest have I followed Behringer’s Vision to bring back iconic synthesizers and make them affordable for musicians. For all my life, I have been extremely passionate about synthesizers and I decided to contact Uli to see if Behringer would be interested to design a new Polivoks as I would love to see my legacy live on.

I designed the Polivoks in 1980 at the Urals Vector plant in Russia, while it was produced by the Formanta Radio Factory. The Polivoks has features that are very unusual on most analog synthesizers, which creates this very unique and distinctive sound, often referred to as “Russian synthesizer sound”.

For many years it has been my dream to create a new and much improved Polivoks. Uli’s synthesizer Vision provides a fantastic opportunity for me to contribute to the reimagining of my Polivoks and to make it accessible to everyone - a Vision I profoundly believe in and want to be part of.”

Uli Behringer, commented: “It’s an immense honor to have Vladimir Kuzmin on our team as he is a legendary synth designer. We are extremely proud, we could win him for our ambitious Vision.

This partnership demonstrates again that we welcome collaborations with boutique inventors and manufacturers, as we believe we can perfectly coexist and complement each other. We invite anyone interested in a possible collaboration to contact us at [email protected].”

Here is a great article about Vladimir Kuzmin and his amazing Polivoks story" - Behringer via FB: https://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2016/03/vladimir-kuzmin-interview

370181263_858158389230575_690480780069533853_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List