This shows up when im tryin to install the R2R certificate...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Z3r0Str1k3, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Z3r0Str1k3

Z3r0Str1k3 Member

[​IMG]

what can i do? thanks ![​IMG]

EDIT: when i put the link on the "Image" Button just doesnt appear..
    i left the link here
    https://imgur.com/a/Y5zOuiU

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

4. Z3r0Str1k3

Z3r0Str1k3 Member

i literally click on the icon , put the link and appears like its right now T_T sorry

5. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

From a thread in Audiosex:

Epidemico said,"Anyone here succesfully imported the certificate? I followed this guide http://certificate.fyicenter.com/413_certmgr_msc-Import_Root_CA_Certificate.html all fine, then on R2R txt file is written:
    "R2RCERTEST.exe :
    Just run and you can check the installation of certificate."
    I ran the exe but i get an error saying: "R2R Root certificate is not installed or this application is modified and broken"
    I'm on Win10 21H1"

Famouslut replied,"Yeah. Open (⊞+R) certmgr.msc (edit oops =) Go to Trusted Root Certification Authorities >> Certificates. Right click on certificates >> All tasks >> Import. Select the R2RCA.cer file. Follow instructions (click through). Check w/ checker tool. Profit!"

Epidemico then said,"It's exactly as explained on the site i posted, but you wrote "certlm.exe", that command doesn't exists, not even "certmgr.exe", only "certmgr.msc" and you need to be admin anyway or the command will not work, i followed that instructions, the certificate is there, but if i run the exe it says is not installed. I removed the certificate, ran certmgr as admin, imported as specified on instructions, and same shit, when i run the .exe it says is not installed. Did you restart your machine after that?

Edit: got it, that site says to add it on "Third-Party Root Certification Authorities" you said "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" which is the right place, now it works, thank you!

https://audiosex.pro/threads/r2r-10k.60425/page-26

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
  6. Z3r0Str1k3

Z3r0Str1k3 Member

thx !!

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

The main question is where is this file dropped? "R2RCA.cer"

If i run 1.2.0 REPACK, i cant find this file on my HDD. So where is it installed or can it be located?

So that i can follow steps above. (managed it in Feb. 2022 already, but now new system and i cant remember)

8. Betty Rubble

Betty Rubble Member

Famouslut replied,"Yeah. Open (⊞+R) certmgr.msc (edit oops =) Go to Trusted Root Certification Authorities >> Certificates. Right click on certificates >> All tasks >> Import. Select the R2RCA.cer file. Follow instructions (click through). Check w/ checker tool. Profit!"

i got select R2RCA.cer file. "Specify the file you want to import" And im told the file doesnt exist?

im going to try reinstalling the certificate to the trusted root location. But there was no instructions to do so.

Yup it worked, thanks for the thread!

9. Free Agent

Free Agent Producer

I don't know how to thank you enough, but you literally saved me from stress.

10. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

You could send me a bunch of money!

Seriously though, a small donation purchase to some small devs is nice when you can afford it, or something to a worthy cause.
    If money is a problem, just say something nice to someone :bow:

11. dan le

dan le Newbie

This is what I found from R2R and it works everytime.

For every one who has problem with installing the root certificate, then please this from R2R that was posted my MORZ a long time ago:

First, it might help even more if and only IF you have problems with this next procedure, is to TURN OFF REAL TIME PROTECTION in Windows Security.

R2RCA Root Certificate

R2RCA.cer :
    Root Certificate file you need to import.
    1. Run R2RCA.cer
    2. Select 'Install Certificate'
    3. Select 'Local Machine'
    4. Hit 'Next'
    5. Select 'Place all certificates in the following store'
    6. Hit 'Browse' button
    7. Select 'Trusted Root Certificate Authorities' and hit 'OK'
    8. Hit 'Next'
    9. Hit 'Finish'
    10. 'Import Successful' message will appear
    11. Finally, run R2RCERTEST.exe which will confirm certificate is installed

Good luck!

TEAM R2R 2021

12. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

root cert error is a R2R thing. if this is steinberg stuff your trying to install and getting this error I would suggest removing it all and using the Team V.R. counterpart. Much easier and less hassle.

[edit] - then I notice that this thread is from 2021... never mind...

13. iw

iw Producer

R2R Info says: If you have installed VR's Activation Manager Unlocker, you need to remove them by hand.
    => It does not work on every computers and DAWs.
    => It changes system configrations.
    => It copies override wintrust.dll (Windows system security module) to tampered one.
    If you load external plugins using that DLL, the behavior will be unexpected.
    Cubase 12 needs Windows10 21H2 or Windows 21H2. VR uses wintrust.dll from older Win10.

14. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Yeah I know. I've seen that, and also never have had an issue with team v.r. steinberg stuff - quite the opposite actually. So all that is taken with a grain of salt. Team V.R. cubase 12 (and 13 as well) runs just fine on Win10 21H1 and never had issues with any plugins being run. I won't say some have had issues with v.r.'s, but many seem to have issues with the R2R install as well.