This reverse type effect

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by getrich420, May 13, 2015.

1. getrich420

getrich420 Noisemaker

Hey audiosex you've helped me a lot in the past so I'm turning to you again now for this.

The effect starts at 29 seconds exactly, it's like a reverse type effect but I'm not sure how to do it,

Any ideas?

[media]https://soundcloud.com/ismbeats/hmmm[/media]

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

It's a click, silence and then a "tape start" effect (meaning a pitch envelope).
    There are about 83 ways to do this, but the easiest might be to use your built-in (DAW or wave editor) pitch envelope.

There are even free tape stop (PC, VST) effects that you can use/modulate/automate.

4. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Put sound in RX4, select place you want to stretch, click "time & pitch" (there's second window - called "pitch contour") - draw as you want. Extremely High/Top Quality algorithms.

Automations on pitch envelopes in your DAW, depends on quality of your DAW, pitch-plugins etc.

There are some plugins based on tape-stop effect (pitch down / pitch up), maybe it is called TapeStop (as Baxter says above too), I don't remember..This emulates play start, stop of tape...you can do it fast or slow...I did years ago this effect with this plugin, very super! as in this track

5. getrich420

getrich420 Noisemaker

Thanks fam