This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Gtech, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Gtech

Gtech Newbie

I know this has been discussed before but I could not find solution specific to the library I am trying to load, Alicia's Keys.

I have Kontakt 5.6 and 6.0 installed (MAC)

What I normally do is use 'Kontakted 4.0' to create the nicnt file and wallpaper. Then add the library in Kontakt 5.6 and actually run it in Kontakt 6.

Up to now absolutely every library I have tried works just fine. Except Alicia's Keys.

Tried removing and adding again but no joy. Tried deleting and then recreating the library/nicnt file etc but that doesn't work.

I can add it to Kontakt just fine. It is only when I try and open the instrument that it brings up the message about being encrypted.

Anyone else come across this problem with this particular library and if so how did you resolve it?

Thanks

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

The snpid # on your .xml (in Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Centre, should be 417.
    I don't know why you created a .nicnt? Mine never had one.
    And changing .nicnt files, if there is one, isn't always a good idea imo.

4. garfinkle

garfinkle Platinum Record

Ac
    Actually, it doesn't need to be "417" or any other particular number. It just needs to not be the same as any other registered Kontakt library.

And Alicia Keys originally did come with a .nicnt file...garish, pink and utterly annoying.

5. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

The garish library view picture is not the .nicnt file; and mine loads in the library tab without a .nicnt file, I'm telling you.
    All that info is wrapped up in NI's .nkx file. Wasn't it part of Komplete at some point? I don't know. It's awful anyway.
    No, but that was the number mine came with, without a .nicnt file, and it's never conflicted with anything.

6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

If the library comes with an official .nicnt file it's mandatory to use it, including the SNPID inside.

Kontakt comes with a list of official/registered libraries and Alicia Keys is one of them.