This instrument belongs to a library that is not installed currently - Error?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by ted2020, Apr 26, 2023.

1. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

So have some new K'd Libraries, to install and also on the advice here, grabbed the K'd Kontakt 7.3 version and its Kontakt Library 2. Also a few other NI Kontakt libraries.

After some head scratching, using the KLC Creator, and it not working, I went down the route of the Kitty Scripts which seemed to get them all to show on K5.8 (add libraries), K6.7 (my main version) and now K7.3 (which seems a bit slower but works)

However I know the Kontakt Library 2 only works on K7, but every time it shows and I launch a sound, I get the error ''This instrument belongs to a library that is not installed currently'' ??

This only seems to happen on K7.3 and its Kontakt Library 2 ??

I did use KLC, and Kitty Scripts with this one, too but still no joy?
    Any ideas?

3. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Sorry, I'm not a Kontakt user as such but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help out.

4. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Thanks, but still need some help with this one..

I have K5.8 (add libraries), K6.7 (my main version) and now K7.3, as well as the Kitty Scripts.

I got all of my libraries now working fine using KS, or making sure the .ninct, and XML were the same etc.
    They all load fine.

The only problem is the Kontakt 2 Library (new one) that comes with Kontakt 7.

This keeps vanishing, then showing up with the error ''This instrument belongs to a library that is not installed currently'' ??? whenver i drag a sound to Kontakt?

Not sure why this one is such a pain?

Any help or ideas with this one for KLC, Kitty Scripts, or even changing the .ninct, .xml files? (I made sure the snipd matched on both)

5. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Running Kontakt 7.2 here with both parts of the v2 library. All work fine.
    A few starting suggestions;
    - keep Kontact libs (ALL LIBS) away from the physical disk that is your C:/drive
    - keep them all centralized (under one root) on a physical drive that is NOT containing the C:/drive
    - files do not just disappear on their own - make certain there are no "services" running like AV or possibly some permissions thing or Win update, a scheduled "task", etc..
    - If you have K7 you don't need all those legacy versions floating around. It's just mucking things up at this point - I would consolidate them all in K7. I have not found a lib pack yet that K7 was unable to run.
    - if they are still not functioning properly I would nuke ALL the legacy versions + current K7 and clean the registry of anything to do with "NI Kontakt".
    - Then install ONLY k7 and build up from there starting with the two core libraries.

There was a point in the past where I had many anomalous activities occurring with Kontakt. I was running 2 or 3 legacy versions that were all fighting with one another. Some libs here some there - it was a mess. I nuked it all and started over with 7.x and all is well and staying well.

If the libraries themselves are loadable (i.e. they have a working nicnt and pointers to the core samples/graphics etc...) K7 should load them all just fine. There should be no need for running kiddie scripts...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  6. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

the nicnt file of the first version was wrong. it should use.
    <HU>B912447ABDAED32DA2290A518813BB32</HU>
    <JDX>363F9CF471EB332719F296BD130100E60B72592BF1DA4B869A74DCD650FF5BF5</JDX>

version 1.1.2 is corrected

7. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

>>the nicnt file of the first version was wrong. it should use.
    <HU>B912447ABDAED32DA2290A518813BB32</HU>
    <JDX>363F9CF471EB332719F296BD130100E60B72592BF1DA4B869A74DCD650FF5BF5</JDX>

version 1.1.2 is corrected<<

So do I copy and paste this into the .ninct file with textedit and resave for it to work?

8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

On Windows that's all. Should work on Mac too

9. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Thanks @Xupito

So I changed the .ninct file and found the string above, and replaced it and resaved.

K7 launches, and enabled Factory Library 2, and it shows with the Library, sounds etc, but still says :

'''This instrument belongs to a library that is not installed currently''

Do I need to change something else?
    I always go round in circles with the .ninct, snipd etc so i've probably done something stupid!

The SNPID number matches on both the .XML and the .ninct

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  10. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

Kontakt Library 2 coming with an installer working out of the box.

You dont need for any "add library" thing. At the end of the install the library just show up in Kontakt 7.

Same applies for all official K libs and no, you cant modify the .nicnt file of such libraries.
    (even the SNPID is an official number)

Make sure that also the plist is there:
    /Library/Preferences/com.native-instruments.Kontakt Factory Library 2.plist

11. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Yes agree and mine shows up with all the sounds and folders in the library but still has this error every time I load a single sound in Kontakt 7?

Both files have the same SNIPD so they match.

Yes, the file is there : /Library/Preferences/com.native-instruments.Kontakt Factory Library 2.plist

I've even deleted the plist file, and used Kitty Scripts and still no luck.

I add the Library via Kontakt 5.6.0 (always works) and the Library is added and shows into Kontakt 7.

Any ideas?