This guy is destroying Slate, UAD, Waves...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Von_Steyr, Sep 30, 2017.

1. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

I agree, but I'm digging the rough edginess when sending this FET to an aux channel. Just a tiny amount with a slower attack and faster release helped my kick punch through in a unique way. IE comparatively better then Audiodamage's Roughrider for the same effect. The way all of these free plugs color things is nice and crispy and a good addition to have in the arsenal!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

If anyone is going to buy any... there's a valid 40%-off code that still works.

Code : PER40

It won't work in the cart... you have to go through with initiating the transaction, by typing in your billing info... then when it goes to the "fast spring" transaction page (which will say sites.fastpring.com above), there will be a window near the bottom to utilize it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Have A/B-ed AO OSS with Slate, Overloud and others and OSS has a better bite, weight, thickness, preserves transients, no thinning as well.
    I also like its character, has more edge to it.
    Acts alive like AA plugins.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You can demo all of his plugins without the need to register, they reset after 20 mins of usage though, but have no protection whatsoever.

5. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

anyone use that brit pressor?... and know how exactly the gain knobs are adjusting?...

I get the threshold knob... but then the two gain knobs... or well, one is listed as Gain, one Threshold, then one has no name on it, but changes volume... I am guessing it's a make-up?.. and where in the signal path is this stuff happening?... where are the manuals?.. I mean, yes they aren't that hard to figure out, but still, there's things that may be going on that you aren't aware of, that normally a dev would have a manual to explain.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

One thing I hate about the plugin world is how developers release products that are full of more holes than Swiss cheese, only because they can update it later for any tiny fix. For the most part users wouldn't even know when an update is available, and certainly wouldn't be glad to go to the website, download, uninstall, reinstall, authorize and make sure nothing went wrong with instances of the plugin in old projects (which happens a lot, like resetting settings).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Will dl today. Yeah, some of his plugs need updating. Tunca is really a great engineer but he heeds help. This -i can do it all myself -idea is not good for him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

Yeah so I had emailed the guy... his response was that there are no manuals because these are emu's of well known gear... howdya like that?.. it's like, well... I 've never had the luxury to use ANY of this sh1t.. and is there a possibility that maybe one or even two other humans fit that same description?

He did offer to explain... but for some reason I have to reply to tell him that I need help, again, with that Britpressor. ???

devs man...

9. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

This is a very impressive comp i tested it on many elements all i can say i wow \m/ for anyone who may be sceptical give it a go \m/

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Peterick U76 sure is one living breathing comp. , pure work of art for sure :headbang:

Check this out, a review of AO Buster with sound samples.
    http://djbooth.net/dj-equipment/review/analog-obsession-buster

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Woot! I just bought Buster sight unheard on a hunch because I love SSL style bus comps, and I wanted to support this dev, and take advantage of the 40% discount . . . and I bought TimP's 76's last week! Feels like my compressor game just bumped up a level or two!
    :chilling:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Yeah i wana give this one a go forsure if its anything near as good the OSS comp ill take it \m/

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Yeah the U76 is a monster >>> Drive the preamp after the comp and its pure Analogue 1176 \m/ what do you think of the Buster? i have a SSL clone hardware and i can honestly say ive not used a software version that can touch it ;) >>> maybe this one can ?

14. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I just did that as you suggested.......one word, amazing. :shalom:

We need to make a toast to the good times ahead of us with these stellar plugins and the joy the ITB production brings us. :cheers:

Time for a cold one and a cool song.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Cant get any better than that! :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Wish I could help there but my ears will only be comparing it to a couple of the other "acclaimed" SSL Buss Comp emus of years past. I'll let you know how it compares to SAND, Cytomic's The Glue, and . . . Logical (not really an emu but has a great sound), and that Waves one I haven't touched in years.

Maybe you can demo and tell us how it stacks up against your awesome hardware! :winker:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

I Will try it out maybe ill buy it \m/ the OSS is stellar and theirs alot of compressors in Algo that are really right there with the hardware but ive never used a SSL Algo that is close to a Real one ? At least not mine... waves is a Joke lol The Glue is Really good but still not the same >>> ill give this one a shot \m/ Im really impressed with the OSS comp its action the way it grabs the transients is very smooth and doesnt dull them at all ... Some say the GUI on these suck but i use my ears and you wont the see the GUI on iTunes anyway lol \m/

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  18. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    After fiddling with the FETISH compressor for a while, I have to say, that @Von_Steyr, you were onto something really nice. It's a moody kind of tool, so much like hardware. It won't work for everything, but it adds this low-end tightness that so little plugin processors can handle effectively, and when pushed hard, it's not prone to cause shrill digital harshness. That alone makes it a valuable tool, plus the gratis price tag, what's not to like? I haven't meddled with the EQs yet, but I suspect that a little of the coloration they offer can work wonders where stylistic EQing is needed more than a surgical cut or boost. I'm inclined to buy their optical compressor, which is more of a swiss-army tool to me than the more aggressive FET comp.

Once again, my friend, thank you for this very insightful tip. Much appreciated.

19. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

I'm not experienced enough to really be able to say that one comp just shreds another... but I'm curious, that OSS, has anyone compared that to Klanghelms?

20. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

The OSS reacts totally differently, depends on how you feed it, but i like both, Klanghelm is very versatile . They both are great tools and in the end of the day use whatever you feel like fits your material the best.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List