This guy is destroying Slate, UAD, Waves...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Von_Steyr, Sep 30, 2017.

1. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

Ohh, so its not even available at all anymore.... Sounds like it needs to get warez'd

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Harqules and VariMoon of diamond series released.
    He wants 250$ and 199$ for these. :cool:

Harqules.
    [​IMG]
    True Component & Circuit Modeling
    Re-drawing and designing original circuit carefully and emulated original fingerprint of gear with our technology.Carefully designed transformers and op-amps.Fully emulated line-amps,filters,eq.

Varimoon.
    [​IMG]
    Famous 660 compressor/limiter’s limited version with easy to use layout.

http://analogobsession.com/product-category/diamond/

3. Windows97

Windows97 Ultrasonic

these GUI seem to be made on windows 95

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Yrk they´re ugly guis ..... and regarding price:
    This guy is destroying his own business!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Thats the last thing you should be concerned about a plugin.

I think they look kind of cool though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Windows97

Windows97 Ultrasonic

maybe, depends on who will buy

7. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Extremely exaggerated price tags...Tunca doesn't know anything about how to properly run a business...

By the way, there are already reports about, again, his super buggy metering code.

Anyway, some of his plugins sound really cool (mostly EQs), but for his stubbornness and inability to listen and address his customers complaints, I'll skip his stuff.

For me, customer support is a must, and he's making the same mistakes over and over again...He simply doesn't listen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. For that kind of money I'd like to see input and output metering on the Vari-Mu clone and Mid/Side on both.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Customer support is pretty much non existent, he`s also not doing himself any favors with the way he communicates on public forums.
    Maybe he`ll get it in a few years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Man I hate it when people charge more for EQs and compressors than most of the best softsynths on the market. Like, dude get a grip. Someone needs to point him toward u-he's site (or even Klanghelm) so he can be educated that deep and convincing analog modeling need not cost the customer a million dollars.

Which reminds me, @Von_Steyr opinions on u-he Presswerk?

11. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Still havent demoed it, though its u-he, so i dare to say its probably very good.

12. nexusmusic

nexusmusic Kapellmeister

To those who intended to mean that @Tunca (the developer) is destroying the competition, I would not say so at all.
    To put it in a very simple way, this guy maybe and I think he is a very good coder, developer, knows how to develop his plugin to a certain extend so they sound near/close or relatively as the Hardware behaves etc.. which I could really careless, as long as the plugin first works great, sound great and price is good, the rest if its been emulated or not its just a + .

Now I hope that the Dev is reading this which i'm sure he is. He's either stupid or just writing his on death in this very competitive business of plugin makers.

Seriously, 200$ for these plugins that are not even fully working well and on top of that, when you come up with a 200$ tag price for a plugin, make sure you don't put any limitation for your DEMOS.

Second, he'd have better chances on making money if he'd stick with his usual pricing. Just seems like he just want to recoup a quick few 200$ so he can cover whatever time he put on.

Do like the Chinese man, you better of making 20$ out of 100 people than try to make a few quick 200$ on 2 or 3 people. One very good exemple of someone who's one of the best coder we all know or man know is the amazing guy behind "AirWindows plugins". The guy is not only super talented, but responsive, his plugins simply works, quality and people are supporting him big time.
    Analog Obsession guy is like he's thinking that he's superior above all. Take a look around the competition and look how people are finding ways to price their plugins and the quality is simply top notch from Plugin Alliance/Acustica Audio/JST/Klanghelm.... I mean name it

One thing for sure again i'll repeat, this guy is a very good coder/developer but he does not know shit about running his business.

As they say, Only stupids don't change their minds. Lets see how far he'll stick with this price tag and will survive.

As a conclusion, I wouldn't say he's "destroying competition, he's destroying himself" period because the competition is rising every day and their products we might sometimes like or not like or like more Slate version than Acustica Audio with same product line etc.. but they are all good and working and everything you can expect from a good developer and company....

Honestly it's a shame because he has big potential but only if he'd put aside his hard-head mentality. Hope he's reading because when many people chime in with true feedbacks its because wish to see him succceed but they guy just seem to think he knows best.

Good luck for him, we'll keep watching

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

wow.... these will sure find their way to AZ land lol

14. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Shut up and take my bandwidth, lol.

15. spyfx

spyfx Guest

u-he Presswerk,Zebra & Satin are excellent :bow: (for zebra also look at the the dark zebra for sound design.)
    the fx bundle is cool & you can get creative with them :bow:
    for Satin : try an m/s eq of your choice,then Satin & at last your favorite limiter on your master buss & you could be good for life :bow:

16. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Zebra and Satin are superb indeed. Dark zebra sound design addon is almost a must if you do any film/cinematic stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

He definitely needs an invented word equivalent like CORE to price plugins that high.

Love the Acustica stuff but they are still selling ' CORE 7 ' at $200 while it's the ' Dawn of CORE 12 '

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. giancarlo

giancarlo Producer

LOL
    and you didn't see what's coming

19. groove

groove Kapellmeister

this guy is destroying nothing ... far away uad plugins... open your ears....

20. spyfx

spyfx Guest

open your mind :bow: :