This guy is destroying Slate, UAD, Waves...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Von_Steyr, Sep 30, 2017.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Indeed Von_Steyr knows how to sell a thread..... Im even sure he can sell sand in Sahara.
    I wonder if Von_Steyr has a financial interests in this sense he´s so keen promote these mediocre plugs - who knows.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

@returnal >>>Von Steyr is the master at thread pitching hahaha... \m/ i agree with you 100% >>> if headline dont pop out its not gona get a peak from me lol >>> Speaking of that you used Tim P L-Buss Comp yet ?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Never gained anything from this.
    [​IMG]

4. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Seriously?

5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

He promised to build me the one knob Steyr-buss comp with turbo saturation, tailored for heavy metal and k-pop.
    Here, i confessed.

6. Tabby

Tabby Kapellmeister

No love for these plugins on kvr and gearslutz yet.

7. Disfunktion

Disfunktion Ultrasonic

Thats an absolute outrage!!! How dare KVR & Gearslutz overlook the plugins that are destroying UAD, Slate & Waves!!!!! :drummer:

8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

@Tabby @Disfunktion

There is indeed a lot of love for it on GS, there are several threads with it. Some complaints, some of them legit, some dont like it, but many are very into it.

9. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

I think all nebula and aqua compressors are useless, so yeaah...

I doubt the dude who couldn't get the core concept of compression and compressors right, and couldn't even get the meters working on the first try will go "Lemme just fix up these completely broken products real quick i am totally able to do it". Plus, as someone was saying, the dude is just throwing the schematics into SPICE and hoping that it will work and sound right. Now if he will fix it, kudos to him, i would love to see a Fetish that is compressing correctly. Because the sonics are cool, but it's not working right so what's the point of that.
    I personally doubt that he will fix it. If it was that easy, UAD, that also does component modeling, would have rolled off emulations of every piece of gear imaginable in a week.

You know, I see people saying that they are buying these bundles, and, you know, they are not cheap bundles, you can buy an electric guitar with that money. And they are paying for the tools that don't work properly. They won't be able to mix with them when they'll get better at mixing, plus they are going to waste so much time trying to mix with them. So as much as i would LOVE to leave people to their delusions, the whole thing is kinda scam-ish.

10. virusg

virusg Rock Star

this is a compressor! ...and its free

[​IMG] [​IMG]

...AO compressors should really look into code because there is a mistake somewhere ...if he has such skills emulating, how in the world is he accepting the behaiveur of his compressors on any material, he got it all wrong ...i dont say they couldnt be good but he must look into them and rewrite part of the code ...please compare with these above and tell me im crazy!

11. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Trashing all aqua and nebula comps is just not right man. What can i say, i disagree with your statement. Not the end of the world.
    Peace.:bow:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

Well i've tested like 20 of them) I'm pretty much entitled.

13. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

The eq's are great for distorted saturation on group busses imo. they glue sounds together in a cool way, I haven't actually turned any knobs on these yet. can thicken and color individual tracks as well, but I've had to go through process of elimination to find the right one for a sound. each mix is different ie; i don't think any particular one will work great for every drum, or string in general so it depends on overall mix. a current client doesn't seem to mind the sound so i'm pressing forward. I love small unknown developers that have a distinct sound, it helps make shit unique.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2017
  14. Symphonic

Symphonic Newbie

how should i title the thread to sell rice to the chinese?
    iphone hype teen clickbait training 101

so have slate and uad gone out of business yet? it was, admittedly, a hammer blow to their very foundations, first round KO

sounds like he should have released less plugins

15. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Ja ja ja!!! I can't say it any better than sameoh did on GS:

Tested L-Bus today. Grabs and let the transients pass like you would expect from a SSL. Feels really good to dial the right setting. Every change on attack and release is easily heard.

About the tone. Yeah, I don't hear the glassy, polished vibey of the usual SSL emulations, and what might be expected from newer SSLs like the X-Logic. I hear a bit darker and crunchier tone.

In summary, great action and a little more vintage tone

I'll just add that I love it.

UPDATE: I think this will be replacing SAND on my 2buss after altering my gain staging a bit to accommodate it. It's a tad more open and detailed ... a really expansive sound. I'm just a wee bit on the fence because I like what the SAND SHMOD at 2.5 or 3 does to the shape and density of my kick transients and I can't quite get that exact effect with L-Buss.

DOUBLE UPDATE: Further working with L-Buss and I've found the settings and gain staging that make me like it more than SAND in every way ... even the shape and density of the kicks.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  16. TheMountain

TheMountain Member

I agree with statements from all members, both positive and negative. Please bear with me here.
    • I own a great many DAW and plugins that I no longer use.
    • My UAD system is currently sitting idle.
    • I fall in and out of love with hardware and software on a regular basis and my ear changes depending on my mood or the weather.
    • I leave the tedious jobs for my minions and their favorite tools and spend more time teaching than creating.
    • I am always looking for that new flavor or feeling that will give me the rush that is always so fleeting lately.
    • I get my kicks from seeing that spark of comprehension in someones eyes.
    With those statements I am hoping there may be more understanding as to where I am coming from when I say the following..

The AO plugins may not be the best buy for beginners looking for the ultimate analog algo, but for my n00bs it's vital they have access to as many comparisons as possible to learn what to listen for. It may be over the top for some of you but in my world it's a needed aspect of teaching to be able to "show and tell" the good bad and ugly. From there they get to decide what is sh*t for themselves. Taste is individual and sometimes as ambiguous as genres of music. This recent quote springs to mind: ".. Law Is for Lackeys, Context is for Kings.."

Yes they do have bugs and some flaws and it's not cheap to buy the bundles, but they also provide a worthy alternative to some of the big boys offerings especially if you buy individual plugins. Each one is a little gem waiting to be discovered for your kick/aux/vox/etc.. and for me it's worth every dollar to have that choice and flexibility ITB. For my students it is just priceless, and for my lackeys who dream of being kings it keeps them fresh, curious and excited about the amazing things we can do thanks to some very clever people developing these tools.

Worthless product to some , gold to others. I agree wholeheartedly.

17. Fernando Roma

Fernando Roma Ultrasonic

As i said, quick tested... i need to spend some time trying other eq´s from the bundle

18. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Everyone has his own way to achieve his sound >>> i have many pieces of Kit i love and use everyday in production Recording... most of them are setting in my homemade rack witch just happens to be my Avatar pic>>> wen it comes time to mix i use Nebula 3 and 4>>> a few Acquas like Gold ,Sand,>>> but my most important Compressors and EQ's come from the libraries i own from Tim Petherick and Tim Cupwise... and why ??? because they produce the sound of my Hardware witch is what im most used to ;) heres a few screen shots of some of my best ITB Toys >>> I sold all my UAD long ago >>> if you have never used these feel free to try them for your self ;) >>> ive made these with Nebula Setups and IME nothing i repeat and say nothing will replace these on my tracks \m/ BUT >>> their just tools>>>> that i just prefer over anything ive ever used ITB >>>>so you have to test them for yourself ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

19. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You know the saying; After the good horse there is always going to be a lot of dust.

This guy is killing many top dollar big names right now with his approach and will make a big impact in the music production world, with his tools.

Review on the DJBooth.

"Buster has what is, to my ears at least, the most impressive and accurate SSL sound ITB. Pushing the plugin to 10+ dB’s of gain reduction makes it sound better, not worse. This is the first SSL compressor I’ve heard in the digital realm that can almost make snares and percussive sounds too punchy if you push it hard enough. "

Check it out, contains audio samples as well.

http://djbooth.net/dj-equipment/review/analog-obsession-buster

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

I like L-Bus Comp better than sand \m/ It has a lil different color than my SSL Clone but its a clone and newer>>>but the action is closest to a hardware version ive herd :) >>> to me its way above sand's comp >>> Tim P knows what hes Doing... Thats why i like Gold so much from AA the EQ'a are smooth as Butter like all Tim P's and not over hyped in the High's \m/

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List