This earthling's best work! Opinion to a heavy rock song, please.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by earthling, Sep 5, 2017.

1. earthling

earthling Noisemaker

Hello there,

a friend of this earthling has written this tiny little song - despite the break part, that is this earthling's idea - and played the guitars too. Rest is done by this earthling [​IMG]. Fortunately this earthling has the opportunity to play drums, bass and stuff unfortunately he is not the best multi instumentalist [​IMG]. But he likes mixing and mastering the shit too [​IMG].

So, if u think this song sucks earthling will blame his - then former - friend, if u like it earthling is veeery happy [​IMG]. So, like it [​IMG] and comment everything you dare, sorry, you want!

Ah, a vocalist is still missing, don't blame earthling you do not want to hear him singing.

And because this is rock, play it really loud, the others might be interested.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  3. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Sounds good overall maybe a little bright. I don't have any scientific equipment to back it up though.

Was that a snare or twin lead solo in the middle? I would like to hear those leads highlighted a little more. The snare volume is good at the end but a little too loud prior.

4. earthling

earthling Noisemaker

earthling likes smacking snare as training for bitch correction [​IMG], but dragonhill not likes it so loud :unsure:. earthling will think about it and already knows bloody dragonhill is right:(. and yes it was a stupid twin lead solo. earthling will tell friend you like that

5. Me like. Laugh not, it reminded me somewhat of something that might have could have been on Meatloaf's " Bat Out of Hell".

6. earthling

earthling Noisemaker

composition wise this is a great compliment - I'm afraid. Earthling's friend will like that.

sound wise this is offending as hell! [​IMG] earthling is sad, very sad :(

7. Skull

Skull Producer

Reminds me of Crush 40 at times.

The Skull likes it.

8. earthling

earthling Noisemaker

9. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Rock generally isn't my field, and there are places towards the middle of the track where the timing is out. Also, the bass doesn't seem prominent enough for my taste. However, you did all this yourself? I think it's an all round good effort. Well done!

10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

The part at 1:00 is almost the same as the buffy theme song.

11. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

It reminds me of a computer game theme from the early 90s.

12. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

It's obviously not driven by the guitars, which it should be, it's driven by the drums, and that makes it sound so weak. In Rock, the drums should sound like they're trying to be as good and clever as the guitars; there should be a battle which ends in a really tight sound. Overall, it's just plodding along trying to be a good track, with the mediocre drumming holding it together. It needs to be much more angry, gritty, tight like metal. And get rid of that horrible organ sound lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

would have to agree.. and rock is one of my fave genres.... tho the drum playing in itself sounds pretty decent.. ballsy enough.
    Agree the guitars need to be wider ( maybe double track them , play along with it again , and remix ? ) About 3:37 the guitars
    do take on some more width... and sit better in the mix... a bit busy and washy near the end.. but it is a driving little rocker
    with some good energy and pumping beats.. work on it some more...

14. earthling

earthling Noisemaker

due to incompetent earthlings' friend.
    Yep, yep and yep! :) Earthling thanks Sylenth (why will he fall? Maybe he should watch his steps:guru:)

Von_Steyr von Steyr is a Buffy fan :rofl: but earthling admires his guts to admit that. :yes:
    Earthling never heard that before but the track sounds fuckin' great :wink:

That's right because guitars are completely overrated!!
    Thankful knows nothing about drumming :dont:
    [​IMG]
    but that's correct :like:
    sorry, my real Hammond is just under repair... [​IMG]
    useful, but earthling didn't make sloppy guitar sound, that's earthlings' friend mistake and btw he's a toedipper

THIS is a very qualifed man, you should all listen to him :wink:
    What'd you mean?. They are extrem left and right. Pushing further would cause phase problems. Earthling is irritared [​IMG]
    too late, there are at minimum two rhythm guitars at each side with four different sounds overall
    a bit WHAT????
    THAT is nothing but the truth. Herr Durr is a wise man! :like:

Earthling thanks all the great guys for their feedback :mates: (even if some were totally wrong) and will try to improve that remaining 1% :yes:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  15. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

Sounds good level wise, great job on that. But i think the pad (organ) sound is fucking everything up, washes out the whole mix. Low end could be sorted out much better, probably that has something to do with that pad sound. Performances are a bit sloppy in a bad way at times. But not bad overall.

16. earthling

earthling Noisemaker

Can you give earthling an example for this adventurous assumption, please?

17. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

1:44 and into the verse guitars are rushing, drums are not. Stuff like that. Sometimes new stuff comes in a bit early or late. The pad is sometimes rushing while everything else doesn't.

18. earthling

earthling Noisemaker

that's earthlings' friend "special timing" :)
    should not be, editor shows nothing conspicuous, will check that solo'd with drums.

Earthling appreciates the feedback :wink:.