This dance music production.(Alex Christiansen)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Von_Steyr, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Alex Christiansen is a famous German techno/dance producer.
    He made it big in the early 90s with his group U96, with Das Boot remix, was a huge hit in Europe.
    Any way, this song particularly caught my attention.The arrangements are very well done, filters and automation are as good as it gets.
    The vocals sound superb, very clean.
    The whole production really shines.She cant dance though, lol.
    What do you guys think, especially dance music producers?

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

productionwise well done, but i dont like that genre, atleast its a lot better as the average EDM stuff.

4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Yea, i know what you mean.Sometimes i take a look around at other genres, but this one was well done so it caught my attention.

5. ArticStorm

its for sure something good, when you are partying and this is played in a set at 1am, when you dont care about anything, but for listening at home its to generic. for partying i feel definitely to old and to bored at the club. :rofl:

6. virusg

virusg Rock Star

i was thinking the same lol, its not bad but personally i close the doors on new edm of today ...its a lost cause, very few can bring something unique on the scene ...im into trance mostly and this genre was the first to hit dead in edm ...too many influences, then big dj's changed from trance to progressive then to mainroom and the whole thing turned out to be a real mess ...i remember Leon Bolier's - Ocean Boulevard, Thrill of Ernesto vs. Bastian, these tracks when they hit the dance floors was like UFO landing on Earth ...Sean Tyas and Simon Patterson, even Oakenfold turned to psytrance because of this edm mess, PVD almost quit producing ...im sure they think the same

right now im looking through my archive, lots of GB of just TRANCE from 2002 to 2011 ...damn, im amazed and thrilled when i listen to all those hits ...i was member on PureSound.ru but they closed, nobody knows why ...is TranceTraffic alive anyone knows??

i listen LCD Sessions of Airwave, this guy is a legend of trance, also Solarstone big upss

a few old worthy mentions: John Askew, Daniel Wanrooy, Bart Claeseen, Daniel Kandi, DJ Eco, Martin Roth, JOC, Ferry Corsten, JPL, Carl B, Giuseppe Ottaviani, Andi Duguid, Rex Mundi, Ali Willson, Jochen Miller, Marcel Woods, Fred Baker, Ron van Den Beuken, Stoneface & Terminal, Jonas Steur, Jose Amnesia, Sander van Doorn, Marco V, Tiesto, M6, Lange, Kyau & Albert, Alex MORPH, Sied van Riel, Cosmic Gate, Mat Zo, ATB, Talla 2XLC, W&W ...etc

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

She has a very pert bottom, so I am truly mystified as to the reason why she can't dance? :unsure:

8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Now I really want to listen to Mike Patton.

9. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

For EDM (aka the mainroom festival) is pretty dated. It sounds standard but nothing would grab my attention if I were to listen the track at a festival.

Later edit: just opened in youtube and I see is 3 years old.

10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Idk, she reminds me of Elaine from Seinfeld.The episode where she danced,moved like a weirdo.

11. ArticStorm

@virusg me too! im listening to Coldharbour Sessions 2004 now, i love this sound. in the last months, i downloaded lots of old trance sets from 2001 to 2005 from Kyau Vs. Albert, Kai Tracid, Solarstone, Talla, etc it really brings myself to moving and i can forgot time, when i listen to it. its also relaxing and dreamy and nobody cared for the damn drop, because breakdown was the most important.

12. notremid

notremid Producer

Holy shit! Alex C. looks like a doppelgänger of one my friend's dad haha

13. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Maybe he has hidden production skills.Ask him to teach you about compression, lol.

14. notremid

notremid Producer

Who knows? I don't know if I will ask him about compression or his mad skills with the ladies.

15. kolutshan

kolutshan Member

I can't say that I like this track at all but it brought back a memory of an encounter I had with Alex Christensen about 10 years ago. He's living in Hamburg (like me) and I saw him at a gas station. I was about to enter it and saw him driving up with his yellow 911 Porsche and of course the plates were something like: "HH AC 911". I went inside and he followed up trying to buy a newspaper (Bild Zeitung - a disgusting smelly tabloid press) from the day before but was not really successful with that. The clerc was somehow unable to cope with his request.

16. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Too bad his plates werent "Das Boot" .

17. virusg

virusg Rock Star

...indeed, take a listen to these old diamonds

both from VENOM Recordings GERMANY

...something new im diggin lately

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  18. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

This one is so sci fi.No one runs away from hot chicks.

19. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Alex Christensen is a seasoned and versatile producer. He produced almost everything, from Prince to Paul Anka.
    See https://www.discogs.com/de/artist/6...?filter_anv=0&subtype=Production&type=Credits

Production-wise, I think the track you posted @Von_Steyr is too flat for a dance track. It will work on a tv, it will work on your mp3 player, but it will not blast the club, and that's a fail for any dance track.
    Speaking of Alex Christensen: have you seen the movie about the infamous band "FRAKTUS"? He plays a part in there and you can take a peek at his studio. Plus, the movie is great fun :)

20. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Will check out that movie,documentary,thanks!
    Is this a german spinal tap version or were these guys real?
    Alex C. , im not surprised to hear this, the man has been on the scene for a very long time, a respected and versatile producer.