Thinking of stepping up my audio interface during black Friday, recommendations?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Brendan, Nov 21, 2022.

1. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

If OP's concern is current top end pristine audio and OP wants to spend 2 1/2- 3x+ his budget. Good call, among other choices.

Personally I think RME's "sound quality" is just clean subjectively, but when it comes to high end pre-amps I personally wouldn't go for pristine clean, rather flavor/color/vibe/whatever you want to call it which I'd seek from outboard preamps+mics. But then we're talking significantly more money and just straight up audio nerd masturbation because while I'm arguing that you may need the best convertors to best capture the mojo of that outboard gear little Johnny is just going to play my work on his mp3 player. :bleh:

2. Jelly

Jelly Ultrasonic

I don't get the hype of RME, it's boring, input/output sound decently like it should, has ports like any other interface, software too many features, it's heavy, no RGB, lack of marketing except from all its users, I don't see the drivers changelog often, their support works like it should...

Surprised people are still asking this question when they should already have bought the Babyface interface at least

3. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

The RME Babyface might be akin to your grandfather's vintage 1980 Volvo (albeit a German manufacturer) if the Volvo was an interface. It may not be fancy like a Cadillac (UAD) or sporty like James Bond"s Austin Healey (Antelope) , but that Volvo is still running with gusto after over 40 years of service and hasn't broken down. Sometimes tried and true is the the way to goo.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List