things that aren't what they represent themselves to be..

Discussion in 'humor' started by Garamondo Furbish, Jan 5, 2024.

1. MBC_Music

MBC_Music Platinum Record

Took a few mid level nutrition classes in college (not to become a dietician, and I am not an expert), but this is one of the most wildly uninformed posts about nutrition I've ever seen. :rofl:

Edit: Here, if you want to educate yourself a bit more. Also your statements need significantly more context for if (and when) things are good, or bad for you.

https://www.diffen.com/difference/Fructose_vs_Glucose

Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 11:30 PM
  2. MBC_Music

I had to stop drinking water completely because there are trace amounts of hazardous metals in almost all water supplies.

Now I can say I'm mineral free, healthier than ever and I no longer set off metal detectors in the airport.

Dear God I'm thirsty though.

3. slowpoke

slowpoke Kapellmeister

Getting diagnosed type 2 diabetes was the best thing that happened to me. Up till then I felt like shit and didn't like myself much. I turned it round and today i'm much fitter and happier. Still shit at guitar though, so there's that.

4. Radio

Radio Kapellmeister

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Platinum Record

people eat high rates of industry sugar in processed food even without counting softdrinks,candy and fruit juice.
    diabetiker rates rise and rise .

6. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Sure i'll buy that for a dollar. However the fact that insulin is now a multi-billion $ capitalist market and the fact that the big-food conglomerates dump as much HFCS in e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g anymore has sent the american diabetes statistics into the stratosphere. Since most younger americans are addicted to processed big-food at early ages they are the hardest hit by those stats. There is a stark contrast in diabetic stats between america and those from europe, where there is not a proliferation of HCFS into the food supply. Most of the european population cook their own food with real ingredients. As such there is no market there for the american type corporate processed garbage that passes for food in american supermarkets.

Getting organic from local clean food co-ops is still your best bet for cleaner foods. Farm stores are your best bet for good produce and any sort of animal/fish/poultry "product" should be avoided at all costs from ANY source. The contamination of "meat product" (animal/bird/seafood) in the american food chain is beyond disgusting.

7. Radio

Radio Kapellmeister

n England they have now increased the tax on these sugary drinks.
    It is actually a crime against humanity to sell people such food. Gelgger eats brains.
    [​IMG]

8. Radio

Radio Kapellmeister

An old saying goes: Pharmacy cannot make money from healthy people!
    First you have to analyse the problem to understand what it is about. Then you have to act. You can eat healthily even with little money by not buying ready-made products and only preparing your food at home. You should stop eating white industrial sugar and refined white flour type 550 and replace them with honey and wholemeal flour type 1050, for example.

You should devote yourself to nature again and go back to the past, when there was no industrially manufactured food.
    You simply have to realise that you are poisoning yourself. The exploding doctor and hospital costs are at the expense of the modern fast food industry and its henchmen.

9. MBC_Music

https://theconversation.com/food-se...e-says-about-eating-salad-before-carbs-181263

"Different foods, different spikes
    Does eating different food types before carbs affect glucose spikes? Turns out, yes. This isn’t new evidence either.

Scientists have known for a long time that high-fibre foods, such as salads, slow gastric emptying (the rate at which food exits the stomach). So high-fibre foods slow the delivery of glucose and other nutrients to the small intestine for absorption into the blood."

https://www.tiktok.com/@insulinresistant1/video/7211641301484309765

Demonstration of eating a salad before carbohydrates and it's ability to decrease and shorten the duration of spikes in blood sugar levels.

10. shinyzen

shinyzen Rock Star

Nope! how dare you assume my death identity. I for one identify as non dying, and will have a quantum computer create the necessary algorithm for me to continue life well beyond all you non-lifers.