There's No Great Music Anymore

Discussion in 'Music' started by black.afrika.zulu.x, Sep 8, 2018.

1. reaktor

reaktor Producer

"There's No Great Music Anymore"? please man !!!!:rofl:

today music is simply fabulous! from nord America to south America, from Africa to Australia, from Asia to Europe, from Antartic to Oceania! All styles!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

There's another question:What is music?
    Personnally I'm a big fan of electronic musics and I make electronic music,even if I like classical,Rock,etc...I 'm thinking learning guitar,somebody gave me a Peavey amp few days ago.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  4. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

5. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I think the OP is close-minded to say that,when you see the amazing quantity of music we can listen today!It is impossible to not like some music from today!

6. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Possibly one of the worst traits of human nature and without realising everyone has done it at least once, is putting something into a category.

Humans find a need to label everything. Who is to say what is good to them someone else will also like? They are just as likely to dislike it.
    The same goes with age. I have met an equal amount of youthful people that are ignorant and tunnel-visioned that believe something is only what they see. Age has nothing to do with anything, neither does race, creed or colour, all a massive and occasional human misconception.

It's sort of like saying because every Christian has sung Psalm 21 that they actually like the tune, or every Pop musician that has played a Madonna or Beyonce tune likes it. There are more than likely as many that did it begrudgingly.

To categorise anyone or any music into a "one-size-fits all" goes beyond ambiguous. It's quite silly really because anything that is possible by any one human can be recreated, copied or created by another. That is all through history. Where or how someone comes from or acquires that ability is irrelevant.

If a person says "I am having difficulty finding music I like anymore" - That makes a clear and subjective statement that people naturally might wish to assist in locating some genuinely. The current thread header granting that it might possibly be unintentional, giving the benefit of doubt, is simply inflammatory.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. G String

G String Rock Star

What did you do before that? Smell it?

8. It glitched, that technical hitch
    Bee-itch
    Come on back with it

9. rah

rah Ultrasonic

Disagree.
    there is a lot of good or great music and the occasional gem.
    Maybe the issue is that there is so much dross out there that you have to wade through to find stuff, but there are more mediums out there that are independent and thus another source . I gave up on the "commercial" medium for music years ago, when I moved overseas( and found local stuff dependent on where I was living thanks to friends and wife).

there is usually something for everyone... you just got to go and look for it :yes:

10. robotboy

robotboy Producer

Plenty of young people say the same thing. They call themselves "Le Wrong Generation". The reality is that if they were young in the 80s or the 60s or whatever decade they think superior then they would have been just as miserable then as they are now. If someone can't find great music in this day and age then either they're not trying hard enough OR they simply won't be convinced of its greatness until it has also become a part of that past that they can over-idealize and never actually live in.

11. tooloud

tooloud Guest

The problem here is the definition of 'greatness' Just because 'you' think a song is awesome doesn't mean it will be historically regarded by all as great. Aretha Franklin's recent passing reminded me how 'great' R E S P E C T was and always will be. This is greatness. It transcends personal likes and dislikes. It's not a generational issue, it's an innate quality in songwriting. Songs with meaning, songs that reflect the mood of the time. Today's pop charts do a great job of reflecting our times and it's not a flattering portrayal.

12. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I agree 100%,I see a lot of people around me(and me too sometimes) idealizing the past.The past was not perfect,no more than today.
    Music is according its time,that's all.I'm pretty sure people were in the past like we are today.
    Music is emotion FIRST,whatever the musical genre.
    If you don't feel any emotion in music...You're more depressive than me yet!And I'm a special K! :yes:

13. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I disagree on this point.Top pop charts' music is well written and well mixed because it's done by the best engineers in the world but the lyrics are stupid for the most and just made for profit because they always talk about teenagers love or big guns or cocaine.This side is reflecting our time,I agree!
    I am nobody for saying if it's good or not,but this is not my concept of music.

14. black.afrika.zulu.x

black.afrika.zulu.x Platinum Record

That's the problem!!! The engineer has become the producer now! The mix engineer is expected to make generic bullshit sound clean, and that's the whole production process. Often the engineer, producer, artist never even meet...they just e-mail stuff to each other.

15. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

maybe true ....but its also harde to find cause so much much more comes out today on a thousends tubes and stuff...
    but its def true that so much crap come out cause they dont share any vibes but working together and go the usual way

16. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

They have the skills to make great music but they make what most of people like and buy.For a lot of commercial songs I don't see any passion,just greed.And poor tastes from buyers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. R!ngo McGoogle

R!ngo McGoogle Member

Well, I've still got all of my Beethoven records. I love his "Greatest Hits" CD. And his poems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

kids nowadays already make amazing music...

19. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I know a Foster thread when I see one. :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. The one note Neil Young guitar lead in Cinnamon Girl oozes
    It's not The Member Formally Known As Fster" though, the Is Is of AS, but really seems a wannabe protege.