There's a F'n Monster Inside my DX7 & It's Waiting to be Released!

Discussion in 'Logic' started by FadedShadows, Mar 17, 2018.

1. trutzburg

trutzburg Kapellmeister

Oh, there seems to be a misunderstanding. I am quite aware of anything related to system optimization, DAW configuration, routing, from about Windows Xp (or even '98SE) on. It is not that I do not know how to route the browser Audio through a DAW or to include stand-Alone audio applications into the setup (in Reaper). Or to handle performance issues, buffer sizes, etcetera. I have managed this for quite a long time. Fact is, I have an exhausting day job (on the computer), and when I want to make music in my free time, I do not want to run into those problems related to DAW and OS and other technical issues, but to make music. I am not so young anymore that I want to waste my time with technical details or insufficiencies, which are sometimes just tiring and boring to follow up. In simple words, I may have too much of computer experience. And though I know that most hardware devices today are computers (as far as I know, Synths like DX7 are also), I appreciate only being hustled by bad cable connections or wrong gain levels. Oh, yes, my M3 touch screen fails from time to time, but I refuse to change it, instead I "repair" it with a piezo lighter's sparking part :).

2. livemouse

livemouse Producer

don't like dexed.
    noisy outboard gear responding to slow midi control signals does something i like.
    regret selling my old fm synth boxes.

3. Orglblork

Orglblork Ultrasonic

I had a DX7 for a while too, loved it. I have to say, Dexed sounds exactly the same to my ears. I'm no noob with the ears. The two just sounded exactly the same.

BUT I could see a DX7 that is in need of maintenance (like recapping etc) having a different sound than Dexed. It's just how it is with older synths. Sometimes that sound is nice indeed. But otherwise Dexed sounds exactly like a DX7 functioning normally. FM8 does not! Dexed does.