There appears *(asterisk) mark next to the name of preset when I click on it.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aya, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Aya

Aya Member

Hi.
    I installed iZotope Ozone 9(v9.0.3) with no problem, but when I load it and click on any preset, there pops up *(asterisk) mark next to it. Please refer to the images I attached below.

This is the preset window of Ozone 9.
    [​IMG]

If I click on 'CD Master' preset for example, then * mark appears on the left side of the preset name like in the image below.
    [​IMG]

I know that * mark means 'modified but not saved yet' normally, but I just clicked a preset name only. I didn't make any modification but * mark appeared.

Not all the preset show the same problem. For example, when I clicked on "clean Limiting' preset, no * mark poped up like the image below.
    [​IMG]

However, too many presets have this problem. It seems that more than 60~70% of presets have this problem. Why does this issue happen? and How can I fix this problem? Could someone help me please?

3. tun

tun Rock Star

does it really matter as long as they are saving and loading correctly?

4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

This is because you have altered the setting during that session! :rofl:
    If it ain't you, then it's your external controller sending MIDI to oZone.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Aya

Aya Member

Thanks for your idea.
    However, nope... I didn't alter anything at all.
    Fresh run Ozone 9 and just one click on a preset, then there pops up the asterisk mark.
    Also there was no external controller(I have a controller but it was not powered at that time of testing)
    Official manual still telling me that the asterisk mark shows up when 'a preset is modified and not saved yet' status.
    (Here's the manual : https://s3.amazonaws.com/izotopedownloads/docs/ozone9/en/presets/index.html)
    That's odd... Why does the mark appears, even if I change nothing and just click a preset name once to select it.
    Anyway it seems I have to use it ignoring this issue for now, and I think I should check it out if there will be any fix or change when a new update comes.

6. tun

tun Rock Star

ozone tools are incredible. you have some of the most powerful mixing/mastering utilities at your fingers and you are worried about an asterisk saying you have changed your patch when you havent.

just move a knob then move it back to where it started then the asterisk will be correct :)