Their Design (so much hate in this world)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by The Teknomage, Dec 27, 2016.

1. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

After logging in recently and seeing all the negativity and hate towards each other and the recently deceased. This song very quickly manifested itself in my mind, so I wrote it down, sequenced and played the music, sung, recorded, and threw it through Ozone in the space of 3 hours. It's not polished, it's raw, it's short and blunt, but I needed to get it off my chest. Sorry in advance if it offends anyone. Just press the link and i'll open a page with a full screen widgit, that should be below but isn't. If anyone knows how to to get it there, let me know. Cheers.
    https://clyp.it/qvfibcre/widget

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. G String

G String Rock Star

Code is fubar

4. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

I know. just press the link.

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Dude. I really like the idea, the gritty industrial feel, the drum pattern and that long decaying hit on the 4, the metallic edge to the sound design. I think the vocal performance brings the song down quite a bit though, sorry. It needs some Marilyn Manson-esque histrionics, or something similar. The concept is dark, the background music is gritty and kind of foreboding... the vocal needs to be fittingly intense. Ya dig? I think it could be improved a lot by a bit more attention in the sound design department as well. You're like 70% of the way to a really good song.

6. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Thanks for the feedback. My vocals will always let me down as I'm not a singer. Like I said, just needed to get it off my chest, so wasn't paying much attention to sound design really (come to think of it I didn't even do any panning). Sound design on a Yamaha RM1x and a JV 1010 is always quite challenging. Live perfomance at 11 Oçlock at night, in my apartment without pissing of the neighbours, is always going to be a compromise. for singing most of all, it's hard to be intense quietly. Not sure if I'll carry on with the track, as it was a spur of the moment thing.

7. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Cool. That's a shame about potentially not polishing up the track, since I think it has a hell of a lot of potential. Makes sense you weren't worried about making all the sounds perfect, though you probably could if you were inclined too, because you did a great job of getting your point across through the music. Good work though, especially considering how quickly it was done. Shit, I've spent that much time trying to design a handful of sounds.

8. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Thanks man. Well, it's sat in the Rm1x, so I may continue with it. Need to extend the lyrics a bit, but with all the misdirected hate going on round here it shouldn't be too difficult. Won't be till next year though, when I get my 8 track. Won't have to try and do everything in 1 take. maybe see if someone else wants to sing on it.

9. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I've always had a penchant for that industrial sound. So sick, man. I think @Cav Emp is onto something with the Manson vocal thing. Not that you sound bad. I mean something a little screechy and a lot gnarly. Hope you don't mind but I ran it into my DAW and brought the tempo way down just to see what it would sound like and it's still totally sick.
    Way to vent, bro.

10. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Don't mind at all. Just out of interest, how for down did you bring the tempo?

11. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Take the vocals out and add something in place of them and I'd like it, very gritty sound. Bass and drums go along very well, you are pro mage (where's your avatar?); OR maybe "fix" the vocals, but how? This is something I'd hear in a dystopian movie

12. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

I'm going to rework the track in the new year, as I'm going to get a Zoom R8 recorder, so I can lay down the music and then concertrate on just doing the vocals. For some reason I decided to pitch shift them so you can hear my voice plus a slightly lower pitch of it at the same time. Also this will allow me to play the Prophecy, as that does evil really well. As for the avatar, I feel like a change. New one next year.

13. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

91 from 120.
    Side-note: If the Warp mode is set to Re-Pitch it sounds kinda evil.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

The track itself is actually 100 bpm. The info probably says 120 bpm as that's Audacity's defult. Which means in reality you dropped it to 71 bpm.
    I really should get into the habit of changing it in Audacity when I record, but as I never bring it back into a DAW, I never think about it.