The X files

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by jefft, Apr 9, 2021.

1. jefft

jefft Producer

Hi is anyone here using a Behringer X-Touch Mini Controller with Studio One 5, if they are, could you please tell me the best way of setting it up, for transport, Do need to put it into MC mode or use the default settings. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

3. jefft

jefft Producer

Seeing as you've all rushed to answer , Its gone to meet its maker, peri fed of life, it is an Ex controller, I should have learned my lesson, not to buy cheap crap. thanks for you interest ..or lack of it.

4. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

I don't own one, but the first result upon looking up "behringer x touch studio one" showed a 24 minute walkthrough video on setting it up and such, along with a couple of other videos in German and Spanish. Maybe you've already watched those and found that they weren't what you were looking for, or maybe not. I'm trying not to be the "googled it for you" guy.

Also, missed opportunity to name the thread "The seX files"...

...I'll see myself out.

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

@kh_minusone why not post the video here? For others with the same problem?

6. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

7. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

8. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Its a good controller but man what a pain in the ass to set up in cubase or other daws.

9. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

You're all making me not want to get an X touch now :no::rofl:

10. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

I just noticed I misread "mini" as "midi" but upon doing a bit more research, configuring it shouldn't be too different from configuring a full sized one. Just set to MC mode and make sure both "send to" ports and "receive from" ports are set to X-touch internal.

I might buy one actually, for the portability, but then again it's from Behringer...

EDIT: I also managed to find a grand total of only three threads on the X-Touch Mini at the PreSonus forums, only one of which was helpful to be fair, which is the following PreSonus Forums | X-touch mini | Studio One Forum Community Support so not a whole lot of support for this particular controller out there it seems.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Its a bit more complicated than that. You also need to download the X-Touch Editor where you have to set it up first, from global channel, mode, to how you wish x touch to visually respond via the encoders.
    If you dont do that you wont be able to set it up in you daw correctly.
    I think their bigger x touch controllers are easier to operate than the small one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I'm in the same dilemma lol I thought they were neat for letting you expand them with more if you wanted, still might get one myself though.

13. jefft

jefft Producer

Wow, has the world woke up, thanks for all your advice, and "kh_minusone", you dont have to google it for me thanks, I already searched the web for info, and found all the relative info regarding the X-Touch :)MINI :), thanks all the same, now get to the back of the classroom, lol. I've come to the decision that "hackerx4life" has the right idea and its a lot more complicated than what it seems. All I want to have is transport controls for Studio One 5, and a couple of knobs that I can dedicate to VST synths for filter and resonance, and maybe a couple of other things like opening editor and mixer windows. My ex X-Touch MINI is returning to Amazon as we speak. so now I'm still looking for a cheap controller that you dont need a degree to set up, possibly an Akai LPD8. Thanks once again especially "kh_minusone" for trying

14. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Whereas I think it's a bad controller and all controllers are easy to set up. Because MIDI. Since 1982.