The VST3 plug-in could not be found (please help, I tried for days, this will ruin my old projects)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by PancakeProduces, Jun 19, 2024.

1. PancakeProduces

PancakeProduces Newbie

I done a windows reinstall a while back and recently I started reinstalling all my plugins to finally get all my Ableton projects up and running again. However I'm having a big issue with Kontakt.

All my projects used a template which had "Kontakt" VST3 on them. I looked online and saw that "Kontakt" refers to Kontakt 6. So I installed the Kontakt 6 VST3 and although Kontakt 6 works perfectly fine if I add it to a track, when loading the template or any of my old projects; Those tracks still just show "The VST3 plug-in could not be found".
    upload_2024-6-19_15-40-35.png

I have Kontakt 5, Kontakt 7, Kontakt 6. I even tried multiple versions of Kontakt 6. VST3 support started of 6.6, so I tried 6.6.0, 6.6.1, 6.7.0, 6.7.1. I tried Kontakt 6.6.1 Portable and Kontakt 6.7.1 Portable.

None of them link with the old projects. Even though Kontakt is working and being found by Ableton completely fine, there's still this mysterious version that is not being found on tracks in my old projects. I'm at a complete loss. If I can't figure this out then this will completely ruin so many of my favorite projects as I can't even find out the libraries/patches/settings that were used. It's literally impossible unless I can find a version of Kontakt that links to these old projects. I hope someone can help

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Open your ALS in 7-Zip or some other GZ unzipping tool, open the file inside your ALS with a text editor that supports XML. Read through the XML and try to figure it out from there (search for Kontakt inside the XML).

4. PancakeProduces

PancakeProduces Newbie

Thanks I was trying to figure out how to access something like this, unfortunately I can't really gather much from what's in there. I assume the part under "BranchDeviceId" is the version of Kontakt I'm looking for, but google isn't giving anything unsurprisingly.

upload_2024-6-19_17-10-55.png

5. PancakeProduces

PancakeProduces Newbie

HOLY ****, I found the version I needed hidden away. It was 6.6.1 which I already tried and I don't know why it's working now but it is. Thanks for your help