The Virgin UVI Falcon VS The Chad Omnisphere

Discussion in 'humor' started by Majestic, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Majestic

Majestic Rock Star

The Virgin UVI Falcon VS The Chad Omnisphere

48 Laws of Power:
    Law 36: Disdain things you cannot have, Ignoring them is the best revenge. By acknowledging a petty problem you give it existence and credibility. The more attention you pay an enemy, the stronger you make him; and a small mistake is often made worse and more visible when you try to fix it.

I cannot have UVI Falcon, therefore I must disdain it:
    virginvschad.jpg

For those who don't understand the meme, the idea is that you jokingly compare two things. The inferior one being the "virgin", and the superior one being the "chad".
    https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/virgin-vs-chad

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. mickey

mickey Ultrasonic

lol

4. Herr Tony

Herr Tony Producer

lol, that meme stirring the pot already? ... both are good anyway. being a "Chad" in real life, I can tell one is perfect for sound designers, the other comes prepackaged with presets and samples therefore used per se in mainstream recordings. The Spectrasonics developers need sound design tools such as hardware and vstis(as UVI) to forge their samples though. Being a French company, kinda put me off a little; but they really know how to code for audio.

5. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Spectrasonics is made in USA but built on the UVI's engine.So I guess UVI get royalties even when you're buying Spectrasonics.
    Btw I don't care where a plugin comes from if it's good.Americans and Europeans haven't the same culture of patriotism obviously.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Omnisphere do not allow loading multisamples ;) So in that category wins the European ;)

7. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

why ?

8. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Errr, sorry mate, this not the case since Omnisphere and Trillian. The old Spectrasonics instruments like Atmosphere used a licensed UVI engine. The newer STEAM engine is a unique to Spectrasonics, in-house engine.
    Also Spectrasonics was really big way before they made any Vsti, since their old sample libraries are considered among the very best and usable money can buy, even to this day. Imho, as much as i love European products, it wasn't UVI's engine that led to Spectrasonics success, but rather it was just a means to an end.
    https://www.spectrasonics.net/news/news-content.php?id=51
    Arturia is French as well. Based on Grenoble they have enough software and hardware products to satisfy anyone's needs imho. I really love their Matrix Brute synth.
    Cheers :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Thank you for the humor, much needed right now :rofl:

I own and use both but I prefer Falcon over Omnisphere. One thing I will say, Falcon is definitely not "Not Thicc" lol... I have almost every UVI library and Falcon expansion which is well over 350GB, but they do sound amazing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Moms_little_pirate

Moms_little_pirate Kapellmeister

VPS Avenger enjoys watching his wife get railed by her boyfriend.

11. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

I must admit that the only thing that is holding me back from buying it is the iLock protection which pisses me off.

and it's the same with every piece of software, I'm planning to upgrade my whole setup right now - hardware and software, figuring out what to buy, and falcon would be in first place before omnisphere because of its price, but if I have to deal with iLock and buying expansions when the difference is only 100$ then there's no competition.

for the same price I'd buy Serum and Diva, Falcon is great if you want to go really deep into sound design, but I think it's even too complex for the average musician, I think they should focus on augmenting the patches pool

and it goes for every piece of software: I want to be able to work on a clone of what I have home when I travel and if I have to dedicate one port just for fckn iLock protection then tit's a no go.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I agree on this point,Falcon hasn't enough presets given its crazy possibilities.Though I think one buy Falcon to go deep into sound design.
    Blue Cat,EA Reckon,Ohmforce,Xils labs,Flux/Ircam are also some little French companies that all sound very good IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Fuck Arturia, Falcon and Spectrasonics, too. Mother Russia designed the Ak-47 It sounds better than all those French and American synths. The AK is louder, it does have more timbre and presence. Fully automatic, it creates realistic drum rolls. Also, if you own one you don't even need to worry about making music nobody would listen to anyways. You walk into a bank with your loaded AK-47, they hand you bags of $$$. No banks where you live? No problem. Go and show up at your neighborhood's drug dealer's house. Take his $$, drugs, and whores. No drug dealers where you live? no problem! Go back to your house and shoot your mother in law. Your life will improve tenfold. No mother in law? Grab the AK 47 and blow your brains to the next county because you are nothing but a fucking loser, living in a place with no banks, no drug dealers and not even a mother in law at home to use for target practice.

Signed by Osama bin Laden

Edit: I just got call from Sadam Hussein, Pablo Escobar, they also want to be signees.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. odod

odod Rock Star

i agree with you, using Falcon avid edition, to me it is really not interesting, the sound just meh,

.. however i dont have Omnisphere :( .. but i am eager to try out LUNA