The Ultimate MIDI Matrix

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Bunford, May 6, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I have recently begun to seriously want to custom map my gear, not just the odd thing here and there. So, I needed to know exactly what all the MIDI parameters were and go through VSTs to find what they are using. I have come up with this matrix that I intend to expand by adding instruments on and also filling in the black boxes with what the VSTs are assigning to them CC numbers when I start using them and taking more notice. I've only used manual to compile this starter matrix, so if the CC numbers aren't in the manual the boxes are blacked out.

I'm hoping I can have a complete matrix for various instruments that will make it easier to read and get MIDI information rather than flick through endless manuals for each VST and so on.

I have created this on Google Sheets, so if anybody want to collaborate or add data to it, then I am happy to open it up to others for editing.

The goal with this is to have a fairly easy reference chart for most well used VSTs to work out MIDI data quickly and easily, and also identify which CC numbers are or aren't in use to make mapping much easier without risking conflicts.

Does anybody think this is a useful thing to share? If not, I will still be using it myself as a reference guide.

PS - i know some of the headers have been knocked out by the PDF conversion, so here is a html version too in a zip file.

Attached Files: