The Symbol by Prince

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Chhantheman, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Chhantheman

Chhantheman Newbie

Hello peeps! I have a couple questions about the gear Prince uses. In his song, 'Raspberry Beret', he is using some string ensemble sound for the melody. As for the hardware to produce the sound, anyone know what it is and is there a vst synth that can make that sound or come close?

As well, anyone know the type of guitar setup he uses? Such as the guitar make, amp, pedal, etc. And any vst software that can match or come close to his gear?

Thanks for the help, you guys!! :)

3. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

The Cloud Guitar has been made by an instrument maker, can't remember his name... EDIT : "It was originally built in 1983 by David Husain, luthier at Knut Koupee music store in Minneapolis". Schecter did a "reissue" some years ago.

The string instrument is a single violin, isn't it ?

It's all I know ! lol :rofl:

4. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hi there,

as far as the sponge in my head recalls, the guitar was ordered at, built (not reissued), by Schecter Guitar Research, but i may err on this... *yes*

he used to use boogies, soldanos, mixed stuff, try to google for his studio setups, possibly you can find some information...

there is one software synthesizer that might be useful for creating the sound you are after, called Synful Orchestra (really widely configurable with very unique midi control possibilities)...

all the best... :bow:

5. Chhantheman

Chhantheman Newbie

Ahhh! Thanks you guys! This was really a big help!