the sticky minibrute sidepanel problem

Discussion in 'Synthesizers' started by statik, Sep 7, 2021.

1. statik

statik Audiosexual

I have been bothered by the well-known sticky layer on the sides and buttons of my minibrute, today I started looking for a solution (yes finally, life came in between), I found some replacement pieces of wood that were 100 euros which seemed a bit expensive, then i came across posts on the arturia forum where 99% isopropyl alcohol was recommended for cleaning. well I just didn't have that under my kitchensink and I couldn't find it so quickly on the websites of the DIY stores, but I did see the shiny glass cleaner from the generic brand of the supermarket nearby next to my old TV cabinet and thought oh well, you can always try. and i'll be damned, that worked just fine. spray a few times on a microfibre cloth (but chances are any old cloth will do) and rubrubrub and to my surprise I now have a non-sticky minibrute. I thought I'd share it here.

i still need to do all the knobs but as long as i can get my fingers of the knobs without lifting the synth from my desk i think i can live with it.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

"rubbing alcohol" is either 70% or 99% isopropyl alcohol.

I'll take "things found in your bathroom" for 250. :bow:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021