The Secrets of Music. Hard to Find Info Techniques

Discussion in 'Education' started by MMJ2017, Apr 25, 2017.

1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I just want to elevate others knowledge in areas that i can, have others elevate my knowledge in areas that they can.
    The reason is we can only study and learn so much as a person in one lifetime but by co-operation and interaction we can advance in a way we cannot JUST by ourselves I value this process.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. farao

farao Rock Star

@ned944 Yes Ned944 and other mods here are awesome... they are really doing a great job.

I was thinking of suggesting before to the mods and Saint, the owner, that hijacking other peoples threads with repeatedly, by OP unwanted, CLEARLY off topic posts that OBVIOUSLY are meant to DISTRACT FROM THE TOPIC should be against the rules. It goes without saying i m h o.

It has happend too often that threads get closed, not because the topic is against the rules, nor that the OP did anything wrong at all, but simply because of malicious behaviour from members not liking the OP or topic.

Now it looks like the moderators might already has got worked out so I thank them for their amazing work! With this problem acknowledged and enforced this is an awesome community, one of the greatest online. Thank you mods for making it work!

3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

you have some good ideas their probably open to it.( addingmore ideas)
    this was supposed to go here sorry haha

4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

a person just responded to me "it sounded like some alien AI , unintegillielbeblelelble talkin, u know ?"

in response to when i said

" I just want to elevate others knowledge in areas that i can, have others elevate my knowledge in areas that they can. The reason is we can only study and learn so much as a person in one lifetime but by co-operation and interaction we can advance in a way we cannot JUST by ourselves I value this process."

Im trying to understand this, didnt i use some of the most basic words in english language? and arranged in a pressie way that could/nt be misunderstood or ambiguous in any way?

i knew it wasnt humor because another person afterward responded with " your wasting your time " to that extent, am I crazy here or what?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

maybe i just gotta not worry about it things like that haha i just try to see anothers point of view with that one i cannot see the pint of view it bugs me.

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

@MMJ2017 If you highlight text you get the option to Quote or Reply.
    upload_2017-4-26_19-47-14.png

An Insert Quotes... button will appear which lists every instance you selected.
    upload_2017-4-26_19-50-10.png
    You can add multiple quotes like this and it lets the user know that you quoted him.
    :wink:

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

sweet thanks brother i never knew that/!!
    I appreciate you take the time so i cant fix those things haha thank you sir.

8. UV19

UV19 Member

I've been a member but very casual poster for a very long time here and I have to say that a bit of your experience with getting ganged up on by other members only when it seems you are providing pretty interesting and visually appealing knowledge is one of the reasons I'm less apt to get and stay involved with this forum. Overall there are some great people here who are all about the music and knowledge, but there are obviously some as well who procrastinate from actually working on creating music by trying to embarrass others who aren't as knowledgeable about online forum manners. Don't let them get to you, we may not all comment or come to yours or others defense, but thats mostly because we are spending more time making music and looking up questions when necessary than flipping out over some bull.

Keep up the good posts, don't back down, and see you on the boards!

- UV19

"Holdin on to black metal......"

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

it means a lot thank you, ive almost given up a couple times haha. I appreciate it

10. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

@MMJ2017 And to alert a member to your post just type the @ symbol and a few letters of their screen name and it will pop up to click. Like I did to notify you for this post

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

12. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

the other forums im on and have been for many years are WAY old scholl compared to this1 lol

14. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Hi all lurkers and posters.
    Give this guy a break and a chance. I see a highly motivated individual who is super passionate about music (everything to do with it from creating it to engineering and recording) I know and recognize the type of personality and have a couple friends who are wound up just the same way, always on the go and never enough time..... you know?
    @MMJ2017 I am interested in seeing your methods mixing and seeing what I can take away from it. I am constantly improving my workflow and am open to learning any new tricks along the way. I too use long chains of emu's with each plugin kissing the source with its analog-ness or "atomic" alignment? Whatever, we all know what it is and what you mean by it, no matter what you want to call it. Maybe I know of some good emus you haven't tried in your chains yet. Ive learned about some gems from other forum members here that I had no idea about.
    So Im extending my hand in a virtual handshake and welcoming you to the forum.:hifive:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I love it brother!

16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

JUST UPDATED PAGE 1 with FULL music theory COURSE over 30 hours of actual video lessons in proper order by actual professor

17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

you are right brother building the harmoinc foundatiuon is just basically prepwork and does not REALLY even begin to get into propoer workflow busses and deatil , i think we are going to be talking a LOT with each other! I was trying to think how to do the tutorial because it be like a very long BOOk to describe step by step the FUILL process (even though in real life dont take that long to physically do but to explain it all the whole process haha)

18. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Ive been building and saving your chains in ableton and reaper. Templates with groups and placeholder tracks with chains....Thats how I roll. lol

19. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

aTRUE pro I see.......

20. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

A recent reference track, that i use the engineering is phenomenal listen for yourself ( sludge!)