The Secrets of Music. Hard to Find Info Techniques

Discussion in 'Education' started by MMJ2017, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah it would be better in the education section.
    Maybe a rename. I don't really see the point in deleting the whole thing though, a bit wild first but it became a very interesting thread imo, and a lot have been posted already.

2. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Well as all that ineresting stuff will come up in the restarted threads, it justs seems better that it starts cleanly and without the mess that's in this one.

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Things came out the way they did because the thread went where it went. And now it is what it is, with most of it very on point and a couple of posts ot.
    It's not just the infos part, people are intreacting in an engaging manner I don't really see any reasons to erase that. Any thread has ot posts, we don't clean any.

4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

more added to page 1 again

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Okay it wasn't just me. I couldn't vote either. I tried but couldn't commit to either choice.

6. G String

G String Rock Star

Are you perhaps autistic? No offence meant about autism, btw. An inability to understand others and social conventions is typical of it.

If you don't know the rules, conventions and ethos of a place or situation, usually it's advisable to sit it out and wait until you get a handle on it. And just dip your toes in to test the water.

Smart people should *know* this. Or work it out. Autistic people sometimes don't or can't.

I don't think folk are "angry". More likely they, like myself, get irked at having something stuffed down their throat - no matter what it is.

A deluge of posts has a subtext that says "I am really worth listening to, and worth a lot of your precious time." Especially when it is accompanied with explicit claims saying as much.

You know that sinking feeling when someone says, "If you ask me......" when you never asked them anyway?

In social intercourse I am invariably irritated by folk that always seek to turn the conversation to their own hobby-horse, so they can extemporise and show-off their supposed mastery of the subject. It's not a conversation, it's a lecture - for the benefit of the Professor.

The best way to help is to help, not boast about how much help one can give?

If your posts had been more helpful, engaged, and less like self-interested lecturing, then I am sure they'd be much more interesting and well received. Maybe if you replied to questions asked in existing threads rather than present a magnum opus about "The World According to MMJ"?

NB - no malice intended. You asked, I answered. ;) There's plenty of scope in responding to others' questions to present your worldview and offer "help", real or imagined. There wasn't ever a thread asking, "When will MMJ show up and save us?" Seriously, *the secrets* of music?

You seem smart but apparently fail to understand (normal) forum responses. Personally I would ask myself why that was. It could be cultural or it could be something more - such as autism. [I have autistic traits - it isn't an insult]. Don't assault your own talents by pointing them out to everyone? Needing recognition isn't a talent.

blah blah

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

"Are you perhaps autistic? No offence meant about autism, btw. An inability to understand others and social conventions is typical of it."

I am not saying that I couldn't understand them, based on a limit of my own understanding or perception, I am saying I couldn't understand them because of the way they they chose to communicate, At best I would have had to "jump to conclusions" without enough information, make assumptions or have expectations while having no information about them or the site here.( some secret language about he numbers of posts directly tied to some implications I was unaware of). I make no assumptions about people especially when I know nothing about them.( to my best ability anyway) for example IF i did make assumptions, how would I know I wasn't just inventing something in my head? there was nothing to base it on.(differentiate from fiction from not fiction)

"
    If you don't know the rules, conventions and ethos of a place or situation, usually it's advisable to sit it out and wait until you get a handle on it. And just dip your toes in to test the water.

Smart people should *know* this. Or work it out. Autistic people sometimes don't or can't. "

,What I literally did was join the site ,next create a thread ,talk with people(that generated "number" underneath my name, next people asked me to stop that one because it was not music related. I proceeded to create this thread for which I have much information to share.

explain what mistake was made in those series of events that actually took place.

"Smart people should *know* this. Or work it out. Autistic people sometimes don't or can't. "

see, here your speaking in riddles. being new hear and not getting any memo about special rules that i was supposed to follow, how was i supposed to know that this particular website operates entirely different regarding the numbers of posts and definitions of "trolling" etc.?
    That is an assumption i would to have need to make, that this thread operates entirely different than the rest of the internet.
    yet I was not privy to that information until AFTER I got here.

"I don't think folk are "angry". More likely they, like myself, get irked at having something stuffed down their throat - no matter what it is. "

so to you "stuffed being shoved down their throat" literally equals literally a person joins, creates a thread, for which only thinking free choosing agents participate in? then is asked to stop and do music, so they create a music thread.

are you being forced at gun point to be right HERE this moment?
    are you being forced at gunpoint to read anything I ever typed on the thread?
    Have I come to YOUR thread and said I know everything and you dont nah nahn nah nah?

sir, I believe you are inventing that story line in your own head then superimposing it on communicating with me when that course of events never happened in reality.

":
    A deluge of posts has a subtext that says "I am really worth listening to, and worth a lot of your precious time." Especially when it is accompanied with explicit claims saying as much."

huh? (inventing fiction again?

"
    You know that sinking feeling when someone says, "If you ask me......" when you never asked them anyway?"

as a matter of fact.................................

"In social intercourse I am invariably irritated by folk that always seek to turn the conversation to their own hobby-horse, so they can extemporise and show-off their supposed mastery of the subject. It's not a conversation, it's a lecture - for the benefit of the Professor."

if you created this storyline, then believed it was the case ( making assumptions based on insufficient data)

then why did you look at any of my threads comment on any of them with your own free will?
    you can go and be anywhere you want but look at where you chose to be.

"The best way to help is to help, not boast about how much help one can give?"

you know, I agree.

"If your posts had been more helpful, engaged, and less like self-interested lecturing, then I am sure they'd be much more interesting and well received. Maybe if you replied to questions asked in existing threads rather than present a magnum opus about "The World According to MMJ"? "

i dont know what you mean by self-interest lecturing, what have i mentioned about myself that you are aware of? yes i answered direct questions , THAT IS NOT EXACTLY SHOCKING.

"NB - no malice intended. You asked, I answered. ;) There's plenty of scope in responding to others' questions to present your worldview and offer "help", real or imagined. There wasn't ever a thread asking, "When will MMJ show up and save us?" Seriously, *the secrets* of music? "

except that your entire comment was malice intended entirely fabricated in your thought process
    (in such a way as you have no ability to differentiate the actual me from your story-line character), besides that we are just two neighbors shooting the shit right?

"You seem smart but apparently fail to understand (normal) forum responses. Personally I would ask myself why that was. It could be cultural or it could be something more - such as autism. [I have autistic traits - it isn't an insult]. Don't assault your own talents by pointing them out to everyone? Needing recognition isn't a talent. "

No, I am mentally disabled, dumb and narcissistic remember?
    am I supposed to make assumptions about someone i dont know? does that make me MORE or LESS intelligent? think about it.
    you have said multiple times I have "pointed out" my own talents? what doe you mean? list everything you know about me. are you saying because I include one sentence in the creation of a thread that describes my background?
    SO Im literally new here nobody knows anything, should i HIDE my background? pretend to be something I am not and be a poser?
    what are you actually saying or hung up on?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  8. ned944

ned944 Moderator

No more personal attacks or Bullshit in this thread!
    ( 9 reports about this Thread)

Very disappointing for some long time members to be acting like total fools.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Thank you sir of course

10. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

is my avatar picture allowed? okay i think i got it these rules are amazing i love audioz that is going to be very helpful regarding tutorials

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I am grateful to be here.
    from what I understand where i put my threads was a mistake and i have been made aware of that I just hope everything else is acceptable.

12. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

At the moment Von_Steyr holds the Hollywood macho monopoly so you'll have to clear permission for your avatar with him ;-)

13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

If i made mistakes i just want to correct it.

14. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

keep going, i find this interesting (not the bullshit attached to it by others).
    and its in its perfect place lounge and its not a hate topic so all pretty and fine.
    don't like it?
    get out.
    :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I dont know...Pinkman was the original Breaking Bad member here.
    Like said Tuco said "Heisenberg says relax..." lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I loved Pinkman comments and the jokes so much above i had to do it with my avatar

17. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

bah, don't worry some people confuse "macho" with repetitive trolls. :)

music is better

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

@farao
    Thought i would send you a pm, but i`ll post here.Sorry for disrespecting you like that yesterday, deleted that post.
    I can be an ass sometimes.:bow:

19. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Poll updated , please let me know if you think the poll covers all ground or not

20. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I think the easiest solution is for me to continue adding to the first page with the content ,then the comments and interactions can be in thi s later half, sound good? (people saying dont worry about this thread being moved.)

I def dont wanna censor anyone no matter how they act toward me i think it should stay, or even deleting comments, but ill try keeping organized that way ( updating page 1)so remember to refresh so often before you look to see what has been added folks!