The Secrets of Music. Hard to Find Info Techniques

Discussion in 'Education' started by MMJ2017, Apr 25, 2017.

1. jack sprat

jack sprat Newbie

you can lead a horse to water....... some are not as smart as horses/// great job MMJ2017 i have spent 2 enjoyable days using your excellent tutorial, with great results. atomic is a winner....such rich saturation without overkill, and the ability to carve the sound after your processing...michael angelo would hear a block of creamy marble from which to release his "sound" i just cant believe how effective tiny eq moves are, and as you suggest , the transients stay put in your perceptions. i apologise for the lack of grace from some members. this is really not the forum 4 them, and very much the forum for you....BRAVO SIR..AND THANKS

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

@MMJ2017 Dont let the EDM in my signature fool you. I play bass and keys and have played everything from death metal and jazz to country and salsa. I was in many bands usually 2 or 3 at a time. I was a bass whore, If you were half-assing it with good musicians I was gunning for your spot. Nothing beats the feeling of playing with competent musicians. You know, when we're jamming we all just nod and know where to go. I miss that

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

another new friend! hell yes!

4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

where gonna have great times my friend!

5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

that means a lot to me , it rocks your world right? MUCH MORE TO COME!

6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

One more forum tip. If you want to hyper link to a post just click the little #186 on the bottom right of this post to link it

THE SECRETS of MUSIC (hard to find info techniques ) (UPDATED)

I linked the original post, well the meat and potatoes of it on post 10. You can do this when you update it.
    This really is a good forum as far as functionality. Usually, they just have 10000000 emojis

7. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

awesome! let me know if any of that pops in your head thanks!(if you think of more thanks bro

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  8. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

A little backstory with the "atomic" level technique, i had done quite a few guitar tube amplifier modifications and when i was doing a prototype design of mine it occur to me, something clicked in my mind (what if i approached audio plugins , in the way the physic circuits work?, forget about he graphics on the plugins treat them based on what they actually do and shape the sound the way actual gear signal flow works!) After a couple years i had the system perfected. havent looked back since. ( dont take it as tooting my own horn , i wan to share this not keep as some sort of "secret weapon" for myself.:D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Do you have a favourite sort of tube amp MMJ2017? Tube amps especially cool 4 me personally.
    Any specific favourite tubes outside the standard sort of say Groove Tube EL84 or 12AX7?
    Think the science with respect to tube amps is fascinating also :yes:
    Are you like a total subscriber to say the tube sound or what's your opinions on say Tubes vs Solid State and say some of the newer amp modelling stuff like Axe-FX or Kemper etc? You like od skool SM57 with a cab over direct input & amp modelling etc or both?
    Sorry loads of questions lol but something that is real interesting 4 at least myself.
    From the guitar & stuff I think you showed, I'll hazard a guess that maybe you not into say stereo Vox practise amps set on half volume lol :) but maybe you are who knows? :) :bow:

In fact u could have asked that as your first post lmao.
    I mean the ultimate quesion in some ways how good is the tone lol

Got to be just as important - Tubes vs Solid State - You can be one or the other lmao :bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
  10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Why do you keep repeating the puppy thing, i am sincere while you are still throwing gasoline on fire.
    If you think im doing this because of some mod or any other reason, then you clearly dont know how i work.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You know what, i may have misjudged you, i aint that much better in the weird threads department, lol.

12. farao

farao Rock Star

Read carefully now. I am not mr perfect and neither are you. It is not the first time you are being rude and think an apology will make everything great again. Once or twice or three times, sure, but the fact is that you have been unjustly rude towards people here so many times it is rediculous. You say yourself that you can be an "ass" sometimes. Well, forgive me for agreeing with you on that one. If you think hard words and foul laguage without a clear hint of irony just magically disappear from my mind when you say you are sorry maybe you do not now how I work. I forgave you for out of the blue callimg me a dick when I defended our new member against disgusting behaviour from you and others in your wake. Without me and others calling out yours and their behaviour I have no reason to believe that it would have stopped at all because if your earlier bullying behaviour.

I forgave you in the sense I will do my best to give you yet another chance in the best way I can. I can't honestly say I really like the way you have shown me that you work. Or the way you now come back to argue after I forgave you in a way that was not perfectly to your liking. You called me a dick for defending a new members right to write about music in his own topic. He himself has said he was close to give up the way you all went on. I know that he forgave everyone. And I did too. But do not come and give me directions on how I should forgive you in the mist correct way possible according to you. Actions have consequences and if I feel you act like a puppy that is how I feel. As I said actions have consequences and If you dont want to be called a puppy when you first do something bad and then think an apology will make everything roses again, I suggest you stop that behaviour you have shown time and time again. If you further want to discuss this with me please do not do it here to get more attention and further destroy the topic, which was your previous outspoken goal. I would be happy to have a further discussion with you if you feel there is more to clear up between us, but not in public, at least not in another members topic which you have said you wanted gone.

13. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Music is just a code that we don`t fully understand.

With every song You discover new things, make new connections in Your brain, feel the pleasure and satisfaction of discovering new things... this is one of the main reasons why love music.

...and this thing goes on infinitely (or until we fully crack the code / but I don`t know no one that has done it)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I have read pocket bibles shorter than this.Grow some balls.

15. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

@MMJ2017 have you tried airwindows Channel4 and Console4 (a bit of pain to setup but very nice) ? That and a few nebula/acqua instances according to the need and I get excellent results in daws for what you refer to as "atomic level", the recreation of analogue summing and the nice irregularities that come with it.

16. farao

farao Rock Star

So now I should man up and stand up to you calling me "dick" and and others just have to take you being and ass from time to time becuase thats the way you are? No, I will not grow my balls for that purpose lol. I like them the size they are and they are big enough to stand up to you acting like a bully and breaking the rules.

I offered a way for you to settle this via pm and not in the thread you wanted to get closed, how about that? If yes, do not bring this up in this thread again, pm me instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Kloud, I LIVE for these questions! haha

http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/EL84-6BQ5-Tube-Types/Tungsram-EL84-6BQ5

http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/12AX7-ECC83-Tube-Types/JAN-GE-12AX7WA

KLoud regarding tube vs solid state some the best consoles ever are solid state like neve, so if that type of thought and design went into guitar amp it COULD be done (I dont know of any though)

regarding axe-fx kemper they "pretty good" nothing like an actual hardwired amplifier in the "atomic level"
    as time goes on they might get there in some years.

now your last question is very important, NOTHING can ever come close to real speakers in real cabinet pushing real air, i spent years studying back and for a way to re-create the non-linear and fine detail of real speakers and cabinets, my conclusion? (its too damned fine detailed the speakers in a cab are millions of variables that add to your playing and sound that modeling cant get exact yet anyway the 3d aspect of sound that comes from the sound of real paper pushing real air by a real mic is breath taking )

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I spent about hour and half when a friend of mine had me try it is was pretty damn good actually if i had enough time will it im sure I could find a way to "master" it or get the hang of a real cool signal flow and take advantage of it. i spent LOT time with nebula and in the end i use MOSTLY reg plugins as discussed on page 1 of this thread , but i still have some fav programs.

19. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

NO, sir I lOVE classic VOX sound but my fav for that area of sound is hand-wired marshall JTM45
    I love all genres and music, laletly been working on ambient sound and clean sound, also building monster pedalboard i design anew guitar cabinet i put in my new guitar cabinet Celestion cream alnico at 90watts a peice "oh, my god" it is just BUTTER

20. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

this the cabinet i designed and built it is 4x12 specifications ,however a bit deeper and just a little shorter on top but 2x12 inside, this means it reponds very well, to my 8 string guitar it is much lower and tighter and even regulr tuning it is like 4x12 just as loud and even mor elow end but tighter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6rxva5ktcfd661/DSCN0693.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q93bwnim9hpbkf0/DSCN0694.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8immc4honv4vju0/DSCN0695.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc8u5s4wmdet873/DSCN0697.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukjqjb0qvifpicy/DSCN0699.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ew26ipx7pee9ieh/subcontra casters 2.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pu95o7zdljwagv/13814504_10153680514236821_16265615_n(1).jpg?dl=0

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List