The Secrets of Music. Hard to Find Info Techniques

Discussion in 'Education' started by MMJ2017, Apr 25, 2017.

1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

the "atomic" level is the fine grain tiny detail aspect of the sound, ass opposed to the larger time span aspect of the sound.

2. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I do value and appreciate when people tell me i made a mistake( no matter how nasty they are) and take very serious and work to advance and improve myself, but sometimes bullying is just bullying( they will not even specify that which i made a mistake and how to fix it) haha

3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

your right that is extremely valuable and UN-replaceable. so far (page 1 is my content) i have only begun to get into specific techniques thank you for your comment sir.

4. Sillytune

Sillytune Ultrasonic

When it comes to most of dipshits here that're hating on your post, fuck them.

Do continue, and post more useful info that you can, i for one wouldn't have found this guy and this's something that is of interest to me, if you had not posted it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

that means a lot to me, when someone gets it and is able to be helped and im here to be helped in areas that are not ones i have not perfected yet, I appreciate your kind words and hope that i present information to you that will expand you inspiration and technique EVEN MORE than before you got here! thank you!

6. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

This serial chain makes no sense in a hardware-based studio - first of all because the noise floor would increase to the level of needing a noise gate to remove the acumulating hiss and second, no one has several consoles, several Pultecs and tape machines and a vinyl factory in a single studio. And just because you can mix the sound of two or more consoles doesn't mean you should.

So this very cumbersome and (probably) resource-heavy on the CPU solution definitely makes no sense in a daw where a simple parallel chain with a couple of plugs can do it.

Slightly offtopic: How many of you out here, complaining that a VST soft synth is too thin or characterless compared to a certain hardware vintage synth? Ever tried to begin your processing with inserting a bit resolution reducer from 24 to 8-10-12 bits to get closer to the technology available on that vintage synth? ... and then add nonlinearities and distortion... and so on

Thing is, if you know why that 10-plugs chain does what it does or how a hardware synth is made, instead of knowing just what it does, the life is so much easier.

7. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

sir, you are accidentally misunderstanding with no judgment placed on you. we are adding the plugins not based on the text or picture, but how they literally effect the waveform.
    yes when doing this you have to use your judgment to turn of hum and hiss when necessary.
    again we not going by a picture or text saying what the name is . but by how it actually effects the signal going into it.
    we are not using hardware in this demonstration, but using these software plugins and for a specific purpose. making the transients of an entire track the same width throughout the entire frequency response.
    we are not mixing the sound of any consoles, we are using plugins that have picture and text, but using them based on what they do to the sound.
    it is not cumbersome at all (when you get used to it) it is not resource heavy at all, we bounce files at strategic points in the process.

a simple parallel can never build up a harmonic overtone foundation for which future alterations never alter the thickness of the transients.
    regarding your vst synth part I am aware of and use that technique you speak of it is very good.

"Thing is, if you know why that 10-plugs chain does what it does or how a hardware synth is made, instead of knowing just what it does, the life is so much easier.[/QUOTE]"

that is the point of the demonstration I provide fine sir.

8. voidSeeker

voidSeeker Kapellmeister

Music is vibration. The source of ALL vibration is Light, namely Sun/Light. WE human beings are vibratory receptors of the highest order. With music WE are vibratory transmitters as well. WE have a responsibility to raise the vibration of those around US as musicians/composers. Have you seen the videos of a vibrating string next to membranes of sand and the patterns that form? That is what creation is. In the beginning was the word, and the word was sound. Love songs to the wholey Sun/Light are in order. Death metal is literally death...

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

that is def something to think about sir. do you like gospel, blues, jazz? ( i love them)

10. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

very much so, one aspect along with suffering pain and agony, that some musicians at time like to express as it is part of the human experience, myself, I like to express the whole range from life, joy to sorrow to death the entire spectrum.

11. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

a real joy to read this kind of threads with thinking feeling musicians, love this. its a good complement instead of the piles of aggressive stupid infantile memes with trash fastfood-mentality that we shouldn't get used to see around here.

MMJ2017, you are very welcomed to affect this forum in the right direction as much as you want. im thinking other positive threads plus your actions will attract many others, others that we know maybe were silent and not willing to post or participate because of a few but very annoying kind of plague of bullying behaviors, that we have seen around here until now. so keep at it. you have all support. cheers :)

12. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

That really means a lot ot me sir and I hope we can do exactly that!

13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

the staff has also expressed this bullying needs to stop( to the point of banning), i have experienced it as many others have explained that have and i'm sure as time goes on of us will come together now, I hope i can part a part of that evolution around here!

14. G String

G String Rock Star

So it's their fault not yours? And you reach that conclusion without making any assumptions at all? Sure.

You assume you can do whatever you like? Somehow that isn't an assumption on your part, according to you, rather it is a problem of "secrecy" on others' behalf!

The site exists. You have had some feedback. But apparently it is all still "a secret".

You already asked, and I answered (with no malice). Still you say it is all "a secret" and somehow beyond your understanding - and I didn't see anything in your response which says, "Maybe you have a point." Astonishingly, after all that, we are still at first base having made zero progress. Oh well. No matter. Have at it.
    Hmm. No bullying from me - do what you like. You asked why some people had responded to you with less than massive appreciation, and I answered you. I didn't see any real effort at understanding on your part.

As a little test, do you think *you* could behave differently, rather than expect others to do so?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  15. timer

timer Producer

@MMJ2017 Just a technical hint:
    Using the "+ Quote" button you can collect quotes and reply to several posts in one single post.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

"So it's their fault not yours? "

no sir that is not what I actually said THIS is-( never said someones fault)

"I am not saying that I couldn't understand them, based on a limit of my own understanding or perception, I am saying I couldn't understand them because of the way they they chose to communicate"

"You assume you can do whatever you like? Somehow that isn't an assumption on your part, according to you, rather it is a problem of "secrecy" on others' behalf!"

could you please expand on this comment,to describe the series of events that occurred which you are describing as ""You assume you can do whatever you like?" the actual events that took place ,was that i joined the site and created a thread(not knowing if it was going to be me and one other fellow talking or not), lots of people talked and asked questions ( hence "number" under my name and numbers of posts. I was asked just by members( NOT staff in any way) to create a music related thread and closed the first . I did that.
    Now out of those actual events that took place, I am just kindly asking how you arrive at ""You assume you can do whatever you like?" please help me understand your view sir , I am not inside your thoughts to know , but I wan to understand your view sir.

"You already asked, and I answered (with no malice)."
    you did not answer sir. please show where that actually happened, maybe I missed it and it is my fault please point it out to me where to answered thank you

"The site exists. You have had some feedback. But apparently it is all still "a secret"."

what you are calling feedback is not clearly pointing out anything
    , yes sentences were written in comments boxes to me, BUT what did not take place was an explanation of what people means by number of posts and everything with the numbers.

"You already asked, and I answered (with no malice). Still you say it is all "a secret" and somehow beyond your understanding - and I didn't see anything in your response which says,.."

sir, you never clearly communicated in such a way as to myself had an opportunity to say " maybe i messied"
    that par about "fault"
    i dont follow what your getting at faults and such im only interested in what takes place in reality not a thought construct of "good" guys and "bad guys" where the good guy deserves to "punish" the bad guy,

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

tahnk you sir i been having had time but im getting it now that once inside the comment box things work different than outside(highlighting) thank you

18. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

19. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

i dont see that you answered me sir.

what do you exactly mean by behave differently? ( you see you not being clear at all I could take that to mean million things, but it is unclear as to what YOU meant when you said it.can you see why I would not what to mistakenly take what you say as some other unrelated thing?
    that is why i ask for clarity in responses so i can see the others persons actual point of view.

20. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

this is what you originally said to me