The Secrets of Music. Hard to Find Info Techniques

Discussion in 'Education' started by MMJ2017, Apr 25, 2017.

1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

anyone else notice this?

2. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

You are right there will ALWAYS be some hidden to music in some area of it we dont understand ( single people) because even if you spend every day of your life "unlocking" it, there are so many things to uncover thank you

3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

That is why im here i have unlocked a bunch things and other people unlocked things i havent i want to share that and advance more i hope we can here!

4. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Sort of what I'm doing as well. Stacking emulation plugs/Nebula instances and just kissing the signal with them. Man my mixes really came alive after I started doing this. I thought I was crazy having to use so many plugs in the chains to get "that" sound, but hell, if it works it works!
    It really glued things together when I started running through a console and a few bits of hardware.
    I'm going to try to get one of the Aqua packages like Sand for console emulation next. Does the Airwindows Console4 emulate track crosstalk? I don't think Sand does.

5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

hell yes! real equipment is made of parts and say every 5 to 10 parts equals a circuit and like 50 circuits that the sound travels through so it makes perfect sense. say you have a neve console then into tape-machine the sound is traveling through well over 50 circuits (circuit made of 5 to 10 individual electronics or parts)(this explanation is meant in general not directed at you fine sir)

6. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

All the best engineering of the newest best songs and albums coming out right now are using this technique is some form.

7. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah I stack up those bad boys pretty heavily too ! Forgot the crosstalks indeed, which no Console4 doesn't do (it glues, adds depth and clarity, sheen in the top end). I forgot a plug that I use quite a lot and offers to emulate crosstalk. It's Satin from U-he. It's located in the advance setting part, where you also have the wow and flutter settings in the "service" area. The effect changes according to the speed used and also if you use vintage tape or modern tape.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

the secret and trick is how your siganl "kisses" a "stack" it give you fine control of shaping your tone
    I like working with -15 db rms or peak transients right around -7 db ( even if live sound i convert that to analog meter)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

No worries, electronics technician is another of the many hats I wear from time to time, so I was following along fine.

10. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I try to be mindful of the responses being seen by other people(possibly in future) so I hope you dont think "what the hell this guy thinks i dont know what im doin?" haha

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I have to tell you another mind blowing plug is the IK multimedia lurssen mastering module, the way it responds and re-acts is exactly like my old mastering console, ever since the fire i have to work in the box ( minus breakout) it is so careful with transients even when slamming, plus when you working with a track that has been built up "atomic level thick rich foundation, that track behaves amazingly with the lurssen mastering console. in natural way try it out.

12. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

@MMJ2017 I'm very sure others have posted this but nevertheless: please stop spamming - 10 postings in a row? This behaviour is obnoxious.
    Please look up "netiquette" before using the internet. Thank you :) :wink:

13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

psshahahahahaha

I salute you fine sir.

14. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

15. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

if you aren't joking I am taking it serious and putting the effort to learn it properly
    and no i am not intimidated or super embarrassed because of this. I have been working everyday in the world, now i wan to share and learn with others. I am doing best I can to do better job and I will keep getting better at it. my previous forums are way different commenting old school all text.
    for example what im used to with commenting is when you put quotations on a sentence longer than a certain length it automatically creates the quote box things like that im just used to different commenting system and navigation system, if people wanna treat me like some kind of outcast "high school" bully thing, im going to laugh at them. to me ,bullying is the most pathetic use of the human mind imaginable. there is something wrong with a person that thinks bullying is worth doing.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  16. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

So "atomic" level is the new definition of noise floor and THD? Because this is what you get when chaining 10 hardware units on pass-thru mode: noise floor, distortion, DC bias, hysteresis. Of course these color the sound but with proper knowledge of circuitry (so if one's an actual engineer) one can obtain a good emulation of hardware world in the box without resorting to stacking 10 NLS's.

I'm surprised there's nothing about parallel processing as is the most effective technique to control the amount of "character" vs "original".

PS: These techniques (whatever they are as I could not find any) are "hard to find" as "not many people are talking about them" or as in "I burried these technique deep in the 11 pages of this thread"?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

18. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

19. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to communicate fine sir read the comments above to have better picture ,

"one can obtain a good emulation of hardware world in the box without resorting to stacking 10 NLS's."

you have accidentally misunderstood something sir.

"PS: These techniques (whatever they are as I could not find any) are "hard to find" as "not many people are talking about them" or as in "I burried these technique deep in the 11 pages of this thread"?"

you accidentally made a mistake sir, the information is presented on page 1 fine sir.

20. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

ignore list is bliss. thank you @SAiNT for this feature.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List