The saddest fact about music

Discussion in 'Education' started by The King, Feb 28, 2024.

1. John Thompson

John Thompson Kapellmeister

In fairness to me, I never suggested he could. That was constructed by you.

The fact remains, that finding the right questions to ask is all important.

2. John Thompson

John Thompson Kapellmeister

Anyway, I just realized Pratyahara is just reading off his Chat GPT screen:facepalm:

3. pratyahara

pratyahara Guest

Little by little, the OP's original question and attitude were lost in discussion - which is that most people involved in music do not know how to read sheet music, how to write notes and how to handle them in related fields (music production, criticism, etc...). That is, that contemporary music is dominated by people who are musically illiterate or self-taught, and it's sad because it's harmful for music. Without reading sheet music, you progress in learning and mastering music slower and with less erudition and sense for nuances. However, numerous genres such as ethnic, folk, blues, and various electronic styles flourish even in the absence of sheet music.
    In classical music, this is completely impossible, as well as at least in big jazz bands, where arrangements have to be written and the performers are forced to be able to read them. For popular music, and especially since the advent of MIDI, this is largely true, the Beatles are the best example. But their example also shows that musical illiteracy cannot be an obstacle to the success of great talent.

4. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

5. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

And there are many on this site after hearing their music, if I had Musk's money, I pay them to never write music again:rofl:That sounds terrible and nasty, but sadly, it's true.

6. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

[​IMG]

7. The King

The King Guest

Making popular music is waste of time. Unrefined music for unrefined public.

One of the main reasons why people don't think about notes is the existence of various emerging contemporary featureless popular genres like low-quality drugs.

Unfortunately, those who currently manage the society are looking for such things in order to satisfy the superficial needs of the society and do not allow better needs to be created.

8. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (It couldn't be better!)

[​IMG]

nah... Just F(tr)O(ll)STER being FO(OL)ster... again.

9. The King

The King Guest

There is a big mistake in the world of music, which is as sad as the first post.

Many people think that people like pop or popular music more.

This is a very wrong statement.

The biggest reason why popular music was born was that the creators of this music did not know how to work with notes, and because the number of these people was very large, the productions of these people covered the whole society and the poor listeners were in awe. They were scared of these low-quality musics and had no choice but to listen to them.

The naming of popular music was not done by ordinary people but by the creators of these silly works. The creators of these works created the term popular music in order to play with the minds of ordinary people and draw people towards their low-quality works, in order to give their nonsense works to their listeners in any way possible.

This means fraud and deception in the music world.:winker:

10. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

The pedantic and absolutist stance, coupled with the alienism of the inpotent music academies.

The statistics say so. Good luck dueling them!

May a musicologist, an ethnomusicologist or even a sociologist read more of this big pile of crap you wrote and give you the appropriate answer.

When you have frustrated academics suffering from delusional disorders, practicing idiotic behaviors resulting from a profound alienation from our own species, the result is that normal people run away from this mess! It has to do with common sense: protect yourself from music created by hightfalutin people.

Your kind of "majesty" have no voice here. Keep acting like this and you will always be viewed as a pedantic FO(OL)ster.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

I can see what you are attempting to do, and that is to go off on a tangent that has NOTHING to do with notes which is your topic. You are hijacking your own thread again. :rofl:

Stop and use your brain for second. Do you know WHY the word Pop (popular) music was invented? It is based on the most popular music of the time. In Listz's time it was Listz. Some history books suggest he may have been the world's first pop musician. WHY? Because he played to packed houses everywhere and was POPULAR. some even called him the first cover musician.

In the 30s, 40s, 50s the Pop Musicians were people like Frank Sinatra, Tom Jones, Bill Haley and the comets, Elvis Presley etc etc.. 60s -Beatles, Rolling Stones etc etc - 70s - Led Zep, Deep Purple etc etc etc etc - They were popular. So while their category of style may have been R&B, Rock n' roll, Soul, Jazz or any genre, their radio and airplay and overall Billboard and rolling Stone equivocal CHART rating was Pop music - because it was POPULAR.
    They still all were in different genres. They sold more and played to packed houses because they were POPULAR. This is where the word "Pop" comes from. Same goes, for Carey, Aguilira, Dua Lipa, Bieber so on and so forth. It has zero to do with skills even though many have plenty. It is about popularity with the masses.

You really need to stop putting things into a square box FOSTER.

P.S. Google this - People consider Bieber to be an R&B/Pop Musician and Esperanza Spalding to be a die-hard Jazz musician. Spalding beat Bieber, Drake and a pile of others in the best New Album in the 2011 Grammy's popular category. It is not her style or her genre, she was simply considered by many to be more 'popular' at that specific period of time only.
    Common sense says that if people did not like something, it would not be popular????

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2024
  12. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

I for one would pay to hear a pop production penned by @The King ... given his intimate, emphatic knowledge of the needs of the willfully ignorant masses, i'm convinced now that his perfect note usage, hip monarch-of-the-people lyrics and infectious, natural human warmth could finally teach us all just how wrong every other songwriter beforehand actually was...

Go on your majesty, do it - your public awaits!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Yeah, the OP is now rambling (talking a lot of crap) on his own thread. I think it's time to end this moron talk

14. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

As Oly would say, don't feed it. I think we should exit this and cease replies.

I REALLY want a checkbox "Do not show this thread on my feed again" :hahaha:

(Hints to moderators)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

In fact, you can ignore a person. The problem is that this twat is banned and always comes back with another name to fire his poop machine gun.

[​IMG]

16. pratyahara

pratyahara Guest

The most convenient environment for creating music by ear, primarily by laymen and dilettantes, is provided by Digital Audio Workstations and related software tools. They facilitate the creation and manipulation of musical elements with greater ease than ever before imagined. This makes it possible to create music without knowing how to read notes, but hence also with a disregard for or lack of knowledge of much musical theory, relying instead on the method of trial and error. All this is done with the convenience of instant sound feedback and the ability to instantly prepare files ready for dissemination.
    At the same time, there are ready-made elements such as various samples, loops, drum and bass patterns, etc., possibly created by individuals who can read music. This factor contributes to the monotony, sterility, and lack of imagination in modern music production; it leads to poverty of musical ideas, expression, and performances, lack of intricate instrumental arrangements, and contributes to the homogenization of the modern sound. This ultra-comfortable position encourages individuals with limited musical knowledge, experience, and/or talent, many of whom cannot play any instrument, to begin creating products that sound like real music to them and offering it to the world without much consideration.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2024
  17. ...this thread is like a gang of boys dancing about poking a blind angry dog with sticks.

Leave the poor thing alone. He hasn't got a clue what's going on...

18. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

That which has been seen cannot be unseen.
    I will now see everything he says this way and feel sad for him and bad for ever commenting, which means I probably never will again.
    He is not that but that imagery will stay for a very long time.

19. MassesAreAsses

MassesAreAsses Member

Why do you people feel the need to control everything....

20. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

That's because of the spam: as already said, many forum adopt this precaution (a minimum reading time since signup). Also in real life, I have always found annoying those guys who, joining a group, immediately draw their attention to themselves, without first understanding what is happening in there: it's a lack of respect