The role of the moderators

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by farao, Apr 19, 2019.

1. farao

farao Rock Star

Yes, of course I could contact Saint directly, but I wanted to see if other members also think that the fact that trolls often succeed getting legit threads closed a problem. Seems that many agree. I do not have a clear cut solution for a policy that could be implemented for the mods to easily follow though, hence the topic and hopfully fruitful discussion. Thank you for your view on the matter.

2. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

There it is: the problem and the solution. :goodpost:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. farao

farao Rock Star

Yes, I missed that line from @Mykal and I agree, a legit thread should not be closed but the offenders in the thread addressed. And if they show they are absolutely not willing to change, and keep derailing the thread with off topic insults, not allowed to post. There is a warning system implemented I believe. Maybe the solution simply is to use it instead of closing legit threads and topics that members devoted time and effort to start and should be able to legitimately discuss. It ought to be less work for mods to warn offenders than to clean up messy threads over and over.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Unless the tools set has changed since I was Mod, it was easy to prevent someone from posting anything. I prefer doing that and deleting any offensive or off topic post,instead of closing threads. Don't forget any of you can report any post and\or member, sometimes certain things get overlooked, Can't fault the Mods for that anymore than you can expect them to read every thread and post, sometimes some help from the community can go a long way in getting rid of the trolls and assholes. Except me, can't get rid of this asshole:dont::rofl:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

we actually do that. it's not as easy as you might think, but when there's no other option, of course we'd ban those who cannot fit AudioSEX friendly environment :sad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. farao

farao Rock Star

Hi there Saint! My point is not that members are not banned more often.

My point is that when a thread is closed here at AudioSex, most often it is because of insults and off topic quarrels in the thread, but the topic is perfectly legit and started by a member who has not broken any rules.

What I am asking is you to consider is instructing the moderators to, rather than closing a legit topic, having them warn the actual offenders in the thread. If not, the moderator have to deal with these offenders over and over again in other legit threads and close them too.

It happens, maybe more than you know, that trolls on purpose start off topic fights in search of getting a perfectly legit started thread closed, simply because of personal dislike for the topic or for the person starting the thread.

It is this behaviour I think should be dealt with in another way than now often is the case. So, instead of having mods close a topic that is not against any rule, the actual offender(s) in the thread should be warned. And yes, if it not helps temporarily banned.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

word
    -------------
    cool would be to close threads only for certain members after they trolled...but thread for puplic stays open

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

i think he meant more , threads like r2r threads and so on.....closed and good is...
    windows 7 thread closed cause win10 brainwash boys would be a skandal

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  9. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Interesting indeed!