The Real Reason Why Music Is Getting Worse (Beato)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Zenarcist, Jun 26, 2024 at 3:32 PM.

1. muse2love

muse2love Producer

Musician who watches youtube channel like him will simply become conditionned to what is not true....

TRUE MUSIC EXIST
    FIND IT and GROOVE WITH IT

THere is no HYPE....

2. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

I FUCKING AGREE !!!!!!!:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Ultrasonic

i would a agree . problem is beato dont really need money from youtube and this particular sort of video is not driving his clients numbers up and i even think dont need them at all , this dude had at least 5 when not far 10 millions on his bank acount long before yt . just guessing by how he lives and housing prices + interior.
    -
    EDIT ...+ gear

----
    i kno this dude since 2016 i guess and he was always pissed bout educational and training shizzle in the all over music production ......gosh fck my english

Last edited: Jun 27, 2024 at 7:05 PM
  4. Shiori Oishi

Shiori Oishi Kapellmeister

That's my favourite book right there!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

well it was a different vibe back in 96 as Blue Fear came out, also there was also not really a market for sample packs, soundsets or even template, so you had to get juicy with your gear and this lead to more experimental sound design imo.
    Something which might changed for today then? its just a guess ... of course i dont know really.

6. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Some people forget that music is and has always been one of two things, it is good or it is not.
    For some reason people think I dislike EDM, Trance and anything electronic. This is so completely incorrect.
    What I dislike is true for ALL music - Lack of melody, lack of creativity, lack of musical dynamics, lack of song development and lack of musicality. It is easier to hear and find the aforementioned statement in other styles because a substantial number of electronic music often tends to have the same 808 KD and basses. Some of the clever new Chill guys are really beginning to put a lot of thought into their compositions.

The thread video basically states the human aspects. In ANY music this can be put in. Sometimes composers should try to say "that feels good" instead of automatically reaching for the quantize button. The smarter composers dump their human MIDI to audio and manually edit it rather than the computer quantization, aligning bits to their taste so they keep certain elements that might otherwise be lost. There is no hard and fast rule. It does come to taste, but pitting any music against another unless the music on one side is truly crap, is plain silly.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2024 at 9:27 PM
  7. MarkyMW

MarkyMW Platinum Record

one of my favourite novels. One of the few novels by any author that I immediately wanted to read again... Finish last page and think "I definitely have to start that again tomorrow"

8. Smeghead

Smeghead Member

Just for the hustle if nothing else...

9. hacxx

hacxx Newbie

Are you sure that you have listen all type of music?

10. Melone Musk

Melone Musk Noisemaker

It's wonderful, indeed.
    But it can cause you even more pain than anything else when your similar taste and passion relate... to the same woman :winker:.

11. Melone Musk

Melone Musk Noisemaker

This guy Rick Beato is right. Thanks to technology, it is no longer necessary to invest large amounts on a big studio and skilled musicians to produce an album. The "artist" don't even have to master a single instrument: the piano-roll editor from FL Studio loaded with a cracked version of Sylenth1 is enough to transform an unknown Tim Berling - who can't even sing convincingly - into a world superstar like Avicii.

All this money saved now by record companies (negligible production costs; no material media; no representatives network; etc.) allows them to invest in marketing a lot more than before, and the massive brainwashing encourages the audience to be satisfied with mediocre music.

If superstars like Taylor Swift or Angèle, whom the world today considers to be gifted, had tried their luck in the 70s or even 80s, they would have remained little starlettes, just good enough to host a local fancy-fair.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2024 at 4:31 PM
  12. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

I wish I were a gremlin. I would sneak into Glastonbury, turn all the autotune devices off and erase all the recorded lead vocals. A microphone would be all they would have. 'You're on next Dua Lipa... Have a great gig'.

13. triggerflipper

Yes, cause nobody sang out of tune before autotune.

14. echoii

echoii Member

At least nobody sounded like a retarded humanoid experiment desperately asking to be sent out in the space, have to give them that.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. triggerflipper

Yeah, Kraftwerk never existed.

16. echoii

echoii Member

Kraftwerk are cool and never sounded like retards. You, on the other hand, manage to sound like one every time you speak.

17. Melone Musk

Melone Musk Noisemaker

Without my smartphone, I would never have been able to read your comment - probably written on another smartphone - which makes me realize that we need to get rid of our smartphones in order to regain our freedom... :mad:

Of course, before Autotune there were singers who sang out of tune. But at least everyone could hear it.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2024 at 9:03 PM
  18. Smeghead

Smeghead Member

Before auto-tune there were people that sang out of tune yet still sounded really cool when they did it... Robert Plant comes to mind... Neil Young, the list goes on... and of course there were also a lot of singers that could just sing and didn't go out of tune.

And it's not that I'm down on Auto-Tune; it's just a tool it, can be used or abused, it's up to the producer

19. DJ PUKKA

DJ PUKKA Noisemaker

Too many wanna be producer idiots today! without any music knowledge! Too easy! give em a laptop & Daw! & create shat!

20. triggerflipper

You're right. These lyrics for instance don't sound stupid at all :

Interpol and Deutsche Bank, FBI and Scotland Yard
    Interpol and Deutsche Bank, FBI and Scotland Yard
    Business, Numbers, Money, People
    Business, Numbers, Money, People
    Computer World
    Computer World

Have you ever heard anyone who'd seen the greats of the 70s and 80s etc. say "Oh yeah I remember how out of tune they were" ? Unless they're talking about the singer being completely fucked up, no, you don't hear that.

And yet almost every live album considered among the greatest have had studio overdubbing. Kiss - Alive! could be considered a studio album because of how little of it was actual live recordings, yet it always ranks among the top 50 live albums ever.

Most live shows, especially back in the day, had awful sound for the most of the audience. Be a little too close to the stage, or a bit off centered, and all you hear is muddy, distorted rumble and ear piercing shriek. No way everyone hears when a singer is out of tune.