The real LUFS of streaming

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Aiden_CL, May 29, 2020.

1. Aiden_CL

Aiden_CL Ultrasonic

Hey so i finish a track and i upload a different versions, for spotify apply the limiter about -10 LUFS and for Youtube -8.

I know spotify for rule its limiting the tracks to -14LUFS but i really confident about the feeling of loudness in -10LUFS.

Anyway, my question is what is the "REAL" value for Youtube, what im feeling is the limiter squeezing the mixing.

Best regards.
    Sorry for my English

3. Sunkas B

Sunkas B Noisemaker

Yeah a lot of us are asking ourselves the same questions.... The Spotify -14lufs seems to be bullshit, most mastering engineers aim for -8 to -10 for best results it seems...
    have you checked this out?
    https://www.loudnesspenalty.com/

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

ATM YT adjusts the playback to ~ -13LUFS at -1TP (both values are max). Your track is lowered by 5,3dB.
    Right click in the vid -> stats for nerds -> Volume/Normalized there you can see the 5,3dB.
    Positive values mean it's too loud by this amount and thus accordingly lowered.

Spotify's loudness normalizationis off by default. 'The web player and Spotify apps integrated into third-party devices (such as speakers and TVs) don’t currently use Loudness Normalization.'

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  5. Aiden_CL

Aiden_CL Ultrasonic

hey thank you, really nice information i will check out this tips. Best regards.