The Re-Emergence Of Muzak

Discussion in 'Music' started by black.afrika.zulu.x, Dec 26, 2017.

1. black.afrika.zulu.x

black.afrika.zulu.x Platinum Record

Hmmm...which begs the question: are we more impressionable than we think? Are "our" musical tastes really as good as we believe--if they are really even ours in the first place? Why do people like crap? And how do we know what we like isn't crap?
    I just spent the whole afternoon with my little cousins, and they were playing their barely distinguishable Trap songs in my car. We were all bobbing our heads but for me, listener fatigue soon set in. After I dropped them off I switched to Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes and other slower, longer stuff with more dynamic range. I realised later that music--the activity of listening to music and jamming to it in concert with others--is not about the music itself. It's about the social activity of bobbing your heads in sync and feeling the same groove together. If I purposed to listen only to good music I'd be setting myself up for a lot of social isolation...

*sigh*

For now I'll pretend there's nothing wrong and dance along...

*sigh*

2. electriclash

electriclash Guest

[​IMG]

3. black.afrika.zulu.x

BRUH, Imagine Dragons' Thunder" (No. 3 on Billboard right now) is shamelessly PLAGIARISED from The Clash's "Straight To Hell" as it was sampled in M.I.A.'S "Paper Planes"...the groove, the drum pattern, the bassline...everything is as is on the M.I.A. song.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

4. electriclash

electriclash Guest

welcome to the machine

5. black.afrika.zulu.x

Is Pink Floyd commercial Prog Rock?

6. electriclash

electriclash Guest

I can't get into it with you man, the overanalyzing is just too much for me. Sure, it is, it isn't; whatever