The presets browser of serum...

Discussion in 'Software' started by jharax8, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

yeah, make sure Serum's GUI is on, it's open, not minimize in that DAW. The rebuild will start again if you close the Serum's GUI and will only start from beginning if you reopen the GUI. The DAW can be minimized however. Weird, but that's how it is.

2. clone

clone Audiosexual

lol. this is about 10 times more than me; but if even the case (at going rate x anyway) it would only take about 5 minutes or less. Another thing about the browser I am not a fan of is how Deleting Presets works. A good percentage of the time it will crash Logic. It would be nice if you could Option Click or right click and get some options like deleting preset. You can Prune duplicates and Missing presets, but some kind of option to remove bad, invalid, corrupt, etc. ones would be nice. Or even slow to respond/lagging ones during your scan.

An option for Preview sound of highlighted preset would be pretty nice. Like the left side patch browser of Omnisphere.

Certainly has it's own quirks, but it is still my favorite wavetable synth.

3. Merna

Merna Newbie

Install Serum at different locations at the same time. Have Instance A, B and C, etc. Dont share presets between instances. Keep them light and organized.

4. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

It's customary to move the presets whose file names reflect the various preset types for serum into the proper folders for those preset types. I have been doing this since day one and never really had an issue. Simply dumping them all into one or two folders seems a recipe for disaster.

5. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Im curious to find out how much Serum can take before it breaks. lol. Anyway, have 40k more unsorted, I'm adding them slowly everyday and will archive when reached 100k at the russian tracker or something. I have around 15 favourite presets on Serum like, Sub, 808 etc and just been using them only. Don't even do sound design on Serum these days.

6. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

WOW!! 40K of serum pre's? How many actual presets is that? Must be like thousands.

7. tori

tori Platinum Record

I have over 100k presets, and the preset browser just don't work anymore. Somehow I can't select most presets in the preset browser. I made a favorite folder in FL Studio of my preset folder, and selecting presets in FL Studio still works.

8. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

You must have a lot of patience and time on your hands to browse through your presets.:unsure:

9. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

So this is in the Serum, already renamed and scanning now, I intentionally let it scan so you can see the number, that almost 70k there.

upload_2023-9-5_6-40-40.png

Another 40K is presets is in these folders, have yet to transfer/sort/rename and move to Serum main preset folder.
    upload_2023-9-5_6-37-7.png

Im doing it just to upload and archive it later on torrent, maybe end of this year, if I manage to get it done. Not really using them, just a little project of mine for fun. They are at around 150GB I think. Not sure