the parasistic behaviour of audio companies ie slate digital

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Jan 22, 2024.

1. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

to me it's just mind blowing you know they almost force you on their complete access scheme keep paying forever to own nothing or go the perpetual route which demands an ilok connected to your computer now to top it off perpetual licenses have tax now you cant imagine the surprise i got today when i was about to purchase slate digital metapitch just to find i have to pay 50 dollars in taxes f*** no i wont give you 50 dollars becouse you guys want to in the end i will probably purchase metapitch through a reseller becouse when it comes to audio plugins nothing comes close to slate digital but it's pretty f***** up and nasty from them what do you guys think?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

subscription is what it is. i get it, its a way for some companies to have constant stream of revenue, allowing them to exist, sure, some companies dont do that, and they still exist or thrive, but others maybe need the subscription. Every one company is unique, if you dont like a subscription there are always other options.

As far as nothing comes close to slate, i disagree. Acustica is better to me, as well as Sonimus, some plugin alliance plugs, among others.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Yeh, companies that want to protect their intellectual property are complete bastards, why should i pay them for their hard work and its even worse because their stuff is so good.
    Also who wants to pay tax, i dont care that the government needs cash to run the country, why should i pay.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

why would i have to pay taxes from a country i dont even live in? make it make sense

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Because the transaction takes place within their borders so its liable to their tax.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  7. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

If Slate Digital had a monopoly on pitch shifters I'd be upset. But as it stands, they're just one fish in an ocean of plugin makers. You can get zplane Vielklang 2 CM as a freebie with Computer Music #220 if that helps.

8. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

will i have to pay taxes still if i buy through sweetwater or other reseller?

9. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

haha yah,, this is conspiracy ( weather modifaction maybe not, but reptilians yeah). but funneling money to weapons manufacturers, funding wars is far from a conspiracy unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Dr. Black

Dr. Black Producer

It's all a conspyracy.
    listen to your inner voice, and you know the truth :)

11. Semarus

Semarus Producer

Depends on your country/state. I have to, on like everything.

12. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

This is not just indicative of audio dev's. It's true of just about the entire software (aka bloatware) industry anymore. You have mickeysoft putting everything on the cloud and tying it to their OS's with apron strings. You have apple sticking their huge snouts into your personal business with their hardware supported spyware while still maintaining their grasp on the puppet theater that makes up their proprietary stranglehold on apple hardware and software. Adobe is now a totally cloud based piece of complete dogshit where if it wasn't for the scene we would never be able to actually locally install and run (without a fucking internet connection wrapped around your neck) any app with the name adobe on it. And so on and so forth.... This all meant to steer toward a real and eventual goal of actually being able to completely enforce what it says in those asinine EULA's you see every time you touch any piece of commercial software.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. Haze

Haze Producer

Did you breath whilst typing that? I certainly found it difficult to breath whilst reading it.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Rodger

Rodger Rock Star

unfortunately "Fan Boi`s" keep Steven Slate with incoming subscription revenue
    slate sits rubbing his small cock with anticipation watching feverishly and counting the Millions rolling in from the stupor of "Fan Boi`s" whilst thinking what a bunch of tossers but hey they keep me in the lifestyle I Have.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

Steven Slate doesn't own Slate Digital anymore, the company was sold in 2022 to Audiotonix (who own SSL, Sonible, Allen&Health and a bunch of other brand), he still own Steven Slate Audio I think (which does the VSX headphone and Steven Slate Drums/Trigger).

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Steven Slate Drums trigger ME.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. London007

London007 Member

Breathe
    Br-eeeeeee-th
    Although aside from spelling, grammar and pronunciation you were absolutely right, in one fundamental sense. Punctuation certainly allows the reader time for taking a pause for one's breath. Then we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

lmao, dude's face is chiselled in stone.

"oh yeah, I'm totally happy with the range of facial expressions I'm capable of. Blue steel, green apron, you name it - I can do it. And if I need something special, like for a Christmas party, I just apply this cosmetic cream and let it work for 30 minutes. See? I can still move those eyelids all the way."

20. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

21. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

if customers keep falling for such bullshit, companies will keep pushing the boundaries,

don't like something about a product/company business model, pricing, ethics etc..?
    then simply don't buy from them
    :chilling:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List