The Olymoon Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by Lois Lane, Jan 1, 2021.

1. spncart

spncart Producer

2. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Although you already know that. I say it again. I really value everything you do, both you and all the staff. You are the one I always see that puts the body to the blows, because you must put yourself in the role of moderator and that is not easy, some people must dislike you just for doing your job, and that must hurt. Being a member is not the same as managing a site, I mean, you can't put yourself on the same level as everyone else, even if you want to.
    So I really value enormously what you do, here and on the site brother, and I like you very much, you know that. Best regards!

3. TonyDi

TonyDi Newbie

I must respond in kind as so many others have done - and who have been on here far, far longer than me (since I'm pretty new to the site) about @Olymoon and thank him for his help for what most people here might consider rank amateur question when I had a problem. I ran two different forum sites - one I owned, and one I was THE main administrator since the site's owner was busy with his professional work and didn't have the time to devote to it. Sadly HE died young - like at 43 and it lasted a year or so after his death. At any rate, I too know what it takes to run sites like this and it IS monumental for sure. And as some have noted, it is NOT easy at times. But if you want it to work, it has to be professionally monitored and run and @Olymoon seems to do that job like it should be done. Looking forward to much more in the near future on this site.

4. macros

macros Guest

if I didn't already comment saying 100% agree, well it doesn't hurt to say it twice!

5. Bllyboy

Bllyboy Member

I've said it here before and I don't mind coming back to say it again, God Bless Olymoon!

6. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

Olymoon is a nice guy ... even if he kicked my previous account :wink:
    I prefer a nice guy, even kicking me, than anyone else

Long life to Olymoon !
    And kick me again if you think i deserve it :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. spncart

spncart Producer

It's part of the journey :)

If you haven't been kicked by Olymoon once in your life, you're a virgin!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. BiG Pluck

BiG Pluck Kapellmeister

Yeah Olymoon, thanx so so very much for putting up with my color. It's not easy being green.

9. droplet

droplet Rock Star

...Here we go again...Sing it everyone!

100 bottles of beer on the wall
    100 bottles of beer
    Olymoon took one down
    and proceeded to drink it down
    99 bottles of beer on the wall!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. John Thompson

John Thompson Kapellmeister

Thanks for the JX-8P collection. Downloaded everything I could find around the web. Looks like what I was after. Clean. I just converted to PG8X now. Well done.

11. ABCXYZ

ABCXYZ Kapellmeister

Thanks for being a dependable guy, Olymoon. I found answers to my questions before I even asked them through some of your posts. I've noticed that you have a way of knowing exactly when to come through. I'd sneak another 'Thank You' to the staff and some of the ranked members for not just shooting the sh*t and dropping some solid info when it's needed.

12. robbieeparker14

robbieeparker14 Producer

LEGEND

13. 4096

4096 Producer

Olymoon is the type of person I wish I could talk to and just ask him, why he does this, how he does this, how did it all start and etc. I wonder if this is passion or belief-related? In any case, very interesting individual it seems to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Thank you. I only answer questions when I have experience about the situation. I never reproduce something I've read online, or heard. That's why I dont write so much, but when I do, I know what I'm talking about. But I know only a few things...

15. Olymoon

Let's take it in the right order:

how did it all started

A very good moderator called Catalyst had to go. ( I wont enter into details so dont ask me)
    At that time I was in communication with Saint, and he asked me to moderate. I thought it was going to be until he find someone else because I had never done that, and Catalyst was very good, specially here at AS, he had catalyzed the site and members into a real community, promoting a lot of actions, like a record made buy AS members etc...
    But SAint was happy with the way I was doing it, so month after month, it became years and you see me here today.
    I'm not perfect, but there is one thing that I'm very clear about: I dont put my ego into this, and always follow Saints policy as he have much more experience than me.

why he does this

I do it because, when I begun, the community and Saint really needed someone to do it. Why I continue? Because it's a way to give something back to a site that gave me so much that I will never be able to give back even half of it.
    Also, I like to help people if I can. SOmetimes we receive a message from a member who say that he / she wouldn't have dome the music he/she does without AUdioZ, and only these message makes it worth the effort.
    Also I do this to help maintain the sites into a useful form, which is important. ( the contrary of many forums and social media). This is difficult to balance with free speech, but at some point if a comment is completely useless, there are hundred of places to do that, so people are not imposed not to do this, just here, because it's a specialized community. Anyway this part is not always easy.

how he does this

Well, I have to organize my priorities, as I am a working musician and composer, but I managed to organize things in a way that I can include this into my timing. I often use a tablet so I can do it anywhere.

I hope that this clarify at least part of your questions.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
  16. zadiac

zadiac Ultrasonic

Olymoon...

You once slapped me on the wrist. It still hurts.....but.;.you're ok and I appreciate what you do here.

17. marveljam

marveljam Ultrasonic

Thank you

18. Peek

Peek Ultrasonic

Thank you Olymoon for literally taking away all my enthusiasm in participating, sharing and supporting on this place. If you were the administrator I would have left yesterday.

19. Olymoon

Realy? I'm surprised, as you don't even have one warning.
    I find only one report against you, and I personally rejected it. :dunno:

20. KillerLoop

KillerLoop Ultrasonic

lot of thanks, friend. You're one of the greatest.
    どうもありがとう、友人。 あなたは最も偉大な人物の一人です。