The next AA venture will be....Cobalt

Discussion in 'Software' started by Talmi, May 12, 2017.

1. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

@Von_Steyr @Jaymz
    Whats up guys? I heard @Cav Emp is streaming the UFC tonight and having a party. Ill pick you up around seven. I already got the brews in the cooler.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Another legendary night. :cheers:

3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I actually forgot about the UFC event till now. Been working on music all night. Now I'm torn. Maybe I'll just put it on in the background

4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

our collab will be further delayed and you have only yourself to blame!

Jk I'm kind of in the zone right now. Still not 100% on a hook though :suicide:
    prob just gonna smoke some weed and see what comes to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

@Cav Emp No worries, Im so busy ATM I dont have time for it yet.

6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Its been a fun week but now its back to offline production. Remember our motto, throw away the wifi key if successful you want to be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

It would be kool as a MF for some of us to get together sometime... I know forsure its possible for @subGENRE and myself to do this cause we are in the states... but yeah \m/...\m/

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

So many posts about Acustica and Nebula last days. I even start thinking of buyng N4 license :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I need a new computer first...:dunno:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

If you do and really dig into it you will never regret it brother \m/ 200$ to have a massive amount of analogue goodness at your fingertips \m/

11. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

what is your setup brother? Bounce is your best friend on tracks even on my setup thats what i do and of course i keep my buses live >>> you using Reaper so even a Quad core older setup can handle Nebula Bus duty \m/ it really depends on what you are using from nebula>>> Henry Olonga programs stand in with algo on CPU they are Killer and dont use enough CPU to even worry bout it>>> i could load 40 of his programs on an old setup with no worries \m/ >>> its the Big EQ's,comps and Reverb that Eats CPU in one gulp lol... this is where you wana Bounce to tracks or render and re load into your project>>> TIP >>> always keep the original files till you are sure you not gona go back and change anything \m/ Holla at me anyone in MSG me ill try to help anyone who is serious to get the Best out of nebula you possibly can with your setup >>> ive been using Nebula since its second year of release \m/ >>>> a lil bit bout the way i work with Nebula in Sonar Platinum >>> in Sonar on a Huge project with alot of nebula and tracks >>> lets say im using pre amps on 40 channels with filters HP or LP maybe then ill freeze them>>> I then take a snapshot of the Mix for mix recall >>> ok now i turn all channel power back on and just disable the plugins i froze with all the tracks ok>>>now lets say i wana fine tune the mix ive got some EQ here and there and a console on all channels>>> now i bounce all the tracks keeping all them tracks under the original tracks >>> so now ive got all the bounced tracks under the originals so i Hit the Archive button on all the old pre bounced tracks and hide them... it keeps them in the project but out of your way and uses no processing power or memory ;) >>> so now i have the 40 tracks already bounced with Nebula processing Pre's ,Filters, EQ's, and console ready to go using no CPU >>> now i do my Nebula, Acqua Bus/Send work with them to taste and we are Rockin \m/ and you still have power to do some track work if needed :cheers: also if you find somthing is a miss you can pull them back out of archive fix and redo the bounce... can be alot of work but for me with Nebula an Acqua a lil goes a long way and alot of time Bus work with Nebula is all i need to do and can skip the bouncing process \m/ all depends on what kind of if any Color you wana add to your sound \m/ it can take alot of Time to figure out what works best for your Material Genre style but wen you find what works you start going to it just like your Go to Algo gear haha >>> wen you get a grip on Nebula it really is a pleasure to work with and oh that sound is just Amazing if you want the Analogue goo haha \m/ EDIT >>> this was just an example i left out the track compression and other things i might do fx and all that jazz but for track work i mostly use Algo for compressors on a snare and kick befor say the console i add from Nebula...and if not im using a Henry Olonga preset the Girthy presets are KILLER for this with very lite cpu use... BUT>>> my Bus work with Comps are Nebula, Acqua, Bus Pre's Mixes from them>>> Saturation/Tape and or whatever it needs >>> Hope you Guys Dig in Deep!!! an find it a pleasure as i do an when you are setting in that triangle looking down into the Depth of your mix feeling and hearing it all come together >>>its an Awsome ITB way to get it Kickin Ass \m/

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

@Jaymz, sounds so close to my workflow, it's not even funny.
    I've just started adding Acqua to my bus work and the results are very promising. I think I'm going to go with GOLD. I just love the color it imparts on our material. Of course the one I want is the most expensive.
    If anyone has that golden ticket (coupon code) I'd be very appreciative of a share!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Yes now that ive had more time with Gold its my favorite Acqua to date brother \m/ its worth every penny \m/ im gona mix a complete song using only gold this week it Really has everything you need to get any song in my genre to where i need it minus the Reverb Delays and other Fx i may use... >>> I have 2 of the Neve 33122 Pre's with 4 band EQ and with input and output transformers >>> and its my favorite set of hardware Pre's that i own>>> its in this plugin Gold its the 8122 Pre and EQ... Go for it brother ! \m/

14. digitaldragon

@Jaymz, just sent a message to SoundForSoul begging for that extra 10%! :headbang:

15. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Gold is still 159.20 brother some of their plugs are 299.00 \m/ grab it ! lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

[​IMG]

17. digitaldragon

Downloading now. Later... Authorization fun! Still, I find these easier to authorize than iLock stuff when you're in my situation and have to do offline authorization. Just have to make sure the DAW is running as an administrator so it can write the authorization file.

@Von_Steyr , Too funny! Is that Giancarlo? :hahaha:

Now, to figure out how to sneak this Neve in without my wife seeing the box! :bash:

18. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I need a new pair of ears and like 2 years of music mixing knowledge first...
    Life's a bitch... :deep_facepalm:

19. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

BTW, same video but with the stereo fixed version...

20. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

So it's coming out tomorrow, on the 29th of May. Price will be 179€ regular, at pre sale it will be 20% less (so around 145€)
    Here are the latest details from the man himself,, which he just posted on AA forum :

" yes we can provide first details about it

- it will be released tomorrow
    - full price is 179 eur, on it we'll apply the usual 20% preorder discount
    - they are 4 plugins: a tube equalizer, a tube compressor, a tube preamp and a "remix" plug-in.
    - basically first 3 plugins are a clone of original hardware units created by Luca Xelius Martegani. You'll know about them in our very ultra detailed user manual. I think it is one of the best user manuals ever created by us. It is very rich of details.
    - remix plug-in is a sort of super-plugin created "remixing" the other 3 and adding features. Who remixed it? giancarlo AND sounddrops (so the same guy who sampled pearl, amethyst, honey, who created ochre, scarlet, emerald, coral, pink sidechain filters)

Here my thoughts about the product

- the equalizer alone is possibly one of the most interesting one we have in our catalog, the high band is very unique and impressive. I think it is the best pultec-derived plugin ever created (we are not affiliated with pultec)
    - the compressor alone (derived from an altec design, no endorsement and we are not affiliated with them) is one of the best ones
    - the remix plugin IS the best tool we have ever created. Basically we (sounddrops and me) extended the compressor, and it IS the best tube compressor around. It's better than ANY software, and possibly better then most of hardware tube compressors around
    - the dynamic eq functionality (a consequence of CoreX) is impressive. This is the first dynamic eq plugin derived from analog hardware, so the first analog modeled dynamic equalizer.
    - the remix plug-in allocates a WHOLE equalizer on the sidechain path. So no more complains about the flexibility of the compressor
    - the remix plug-in features an equalizer with mids attenuation!! this detail makes the eq alone WAY more flexible then all pultec-based equalizers (no affiliation with pultec)
    - sounddrops created a PWM compressor named mantis, and it is alone the BEST compressor we have. You have its ratio setting in remix plugin

A reminder: join my personal instagram page, "giancarloacustica". If you check daily "stories" you could be updated on a lot of things! Stories are cancelled after 24 hours, and we posted a lot of audio, thoughts, pictures, videos...
    "

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List