The My-Neon-Love-For-Synthwave thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by thedarkbird, Oct 21, 2021.

1. thedarkbird

thedarkbird Platinum Record

Over the past few years I've been driven to the neon clouds of synthwave. I couldn't find a thread about it yet, so here we go. Post your favorite synthwave tunes!

For starters: Gunship, (arguably) the biggest and highest production value synthwave band around. I love many of their songs and their sound design, mixing and mastering is just absolutely top-notch. Here with the intro song of their latest album.

Carpenter Brut. Another high-profile synthwave act. Inspired by - surprise surprise - the sound of movie director John Carpenter.

Scandroid. Another great synth drenched song. It doesn't get more synthwave than this.

Perturbator. He used to be a metalhead Pantera fan :) I saw him live a few years ago. Not all my cup of tea but I really dig his cooperation with Greta Link.

Powerglove. A remix (more of a total remake really), and I absolutely love the in-your-face crispy darkness (if that makes sense).

Ludowic. Wrote the soundtrack for the game Katana Zero with a primarily modular synth setup. Performing this really cool synthwave-like song live.

Dynatron. This song could have been the end credits for Terminator I, that's why it sticked in my head I guess. I have the feeling it could have benefited from a singer in the verse sections - sounds a bit empty - but I love the cinematic vibe, especially in the intro/buildup.

I could go on and on but I want to leave some room for your posts :disco: