The most expensive Sample Libraries

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by nyreiter, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

I made a flute instrument for EXS24 and Kontakt back around '06 or something, and whilst it is basic and isn't as versatile as some I've bought since then, everybody always comments on it! And it's probably not even 50 MB of samples. lol.

2. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Yes because its special, unique, but nowadays, nobody wants to build an own sample library, most of the stuff is just bought and not modified or even like you write it, who would today make an exs flute instrument?

planning to do the same with some sampled from my old keyboard, there are some sounds i like and they could fit to my music.

its the same with synth patches ...

and thats why N3 is just overkill with its 20k presets and its only goof for layering i ugess, like i wrote on a 1 mio ocassions

3. Smoove Grooves

Well yeah, I know what you're saying but also devs did cater for EXS and Kontakt together.
    Well, up until 'Logic Sampler' now!
    Hey, talking of Nexus, much as I loathe it on principle I heard a track created with it straight out of the box, no treatment, and the drums were sounding nice. Everything is eq'd and compressed quite affectively.
    But still, it makes me want to vomit.

4. ArticStorm

i went throught he sounds of ROlands XV5080 and JV1080 and i found that some of the factory presets might have been used as basis for some trance tracke in the 90s and 00s - but they are for sure modified, well the problem is in the Roland stuff you can modify pretty much a lot compared to Nexus. And the layering technique (which i also discovered in my old keyboard from the 90s), can be quite rich to create new sounds from these layers.

i guess reFX with this approach, limiting the edit of presets is not guiltless bringing a big generic sound design to the table.

5. Smoove Grooves

Of course. Supposedly the most used module in the history of recording according to Roland.
    Also there was the slightly earlier JD-800 that was used quite a bit. I had a soft spot for it but I prefer the JV by a mile.
    What keyboard is this? Interested.

6. WVNNV

WVNNV Guest

7. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

1/4 1.44mb floppy's that must be a huge collection
    I still have 3.5 floppys if someone can use them I'll pay you an extra 100

8. Plainview

Plainview Rock Star

is there a thread to share personal libraries , I think it would be great to make an audiosex sample library with the best of the best of every sound

9. Smoove Grooves

And this is in the Master Collection Vol 2, but alas only a text file.
    Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 18.54.54.png

I wonder wonder it says? lol.
    Mods would have to guarantee no 'borrowed' samples, but hard to prove either way.
    Oh, I suppose it doesn't have to be shared here!
    Hmmm, and repacks not allowed at AZ...so somewhere else.

10. ArticStorm

Not that i am aware of one Thread. You can go ahead an create one, i can pin it.

11. Smoove Grooves

I thought he actually meant share our homemade Kontakt instruments! lol :deep_facepalm:
    So he means just a list, yeah?

12. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

Affectively comes from Affection, very different from Effectively,
    which relates to the manner or promptness of achieving a desired result.. :bleh:

Some Argentinian guys made a couple Bandoneon instruments that were shared like a decade ago..
    (Bandoneon Malevo & other)

Good stuff, maybe not the deepest sampling, but had a very nice/authentic Character/response..
    I still got them around if anyone is into Tango :guru:

13. Smoove Grooves

Again, please? Or you don't want to tell which keyboard?

14. ArticStorm

thats difficult to maintain, because how can we go sure nothing from other sample packs is shared?

its another story if we sample from keyboards/drum machines i guess, because then it is really done by ourselves.
    i will think about it ...

but i remember at DOA - this was very critical sharing breaks, samples and stuff - wont be any less critical here.

see PM.

15. Smoove Grooves

You echo what I already said.
    I don't know what any of that means. Please could you explain?

16. killerbunny123

killerbunny123 Noisemaker

Probably the easiest one to navigate. It is an orchestra. If you can orchestrate , then it's about the most simple and straight forward library.

Spitfire is way more " cumbersome" .
    So many overlaps that make it annoying for those that don't need another library because they aren't able to use an eq and distortion.

17. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

Well I was exaggerating a bit.. :bleh:

It seems with the new versions/additions they phased out some of the old stuff tho, so it may be more manageable now..
    but at some period they had the old+some new stuff together, so it was hard to asses for outsiders..

I really like their approach to Articulations tho,
    they really offer all the variety one could need.. :yes:

Unlike other libs which can miss some,
    even crucial/fundamental ones like, SF Symphonic Strings not having Staccato etc..

18. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

[​IMG]

19. killerbunny123

killerbunny123 Noisemaker

If I was a public figure, that would be the sample library I mentioned in every interview.

Bass sound - fire flutes used as a frequency modulator to get the warmth and phatness serum will never do.

Drums - all my drums start with flutes if fire , then FM8 similar to those neuro guys. You would be surprised how many big names are using It in creative ways.

Most of my leads are 4 layers of FF using plogue to assign a Euclidian type target source modulation which is then fed thru a series of parellel distortion/dynamic shaping tools. I usually use a separate computer for that.

Mastering. I use a very advanced technique using the inverse frequency characteristic of a certain patch from flutes of fire fed to an eq that will allow additive synthesis type manipulation.

All my tracks use a Fourier transform of flutes of fire as the main fingerprinting source. I have a patent pending technology being co disgned with the developers of FF.

20. odiza

odiza Producer

I would love to get my hands on the sample library of meat beat manifesto. (Yeah, this is an offtopic post and i know it)