The most expensive Sample Libraries

Discussion in 'Samplers' started by nyreiter, Jun 15, 2012.

1. ebaby8119

ebaby8119 Newbie

i don't think any "sample cd" will make you into a star it is based on you knowledge of how to manipulate these sounds imo yes you can buy great kontakt libraries all you want but what good are they if you have no idea where to truly start. i have seen others and myself take crappy sounds and make them great sounds with tweaking and effects i think its all on the user..... *yes*

2. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

That moment you realise Analog Gear Outbord is just a TS cable going from output to input of a middle sound interface.
    Sometime it's enough to give it the grit.

3. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

I'm pretty sure... he is trolling.

I really doubt a top of the line studio/producer would waste their money on samples... Studios spend over 10k on speakers. $200 for a top of the line studio.. its nothing.

Now.. if you have a studio with multiple synths/piano/hardware/analog/software/mics/speakers/mixer.. why would anyone buy samples :dunno: :dunno:

Pretty sure.. he is trolling anyways. *yes*

4. chopin4525

chopin4525 Kapellmeister

Trolling apart, I would not be so sure. Samples are still used even in the most expensive studios.

5. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

It's just faster. Big studios are on tight schedules most of the time.

6. Hot Penguin

Hot Penguin Newbie

I could literally make kicks that sound more fat than your local hooker from McDonalds with an empty beer bottle and a decent mic. What I'm trying to say, safe your money buy beer and try processing some samples, you'll be amazed with the results you get.

7. lukehh

lukehh Producer

I still have some 3 1/4" floppy disks with samples and sounds...You can buy them for lets say 100 Euro each! Isnt that a deal?

8. Synthetech

Synthetech Newbie

I have an 3 month old forum thread I will sell for 175€.

Its chock full of top notch trolling, bitching whining and more ego than you can shake your pecker at. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Sofia 19

Sofia 19 Member

i think the most expensive library is a full blown orchestra to finally realize your musical piece,

no berlin strings or miroslav philarmonik or 8dio woodwinds will be able to ever convey what you had in mind

then again sometimes i get angry with guitar pickers who drop on "What is the best guitar VST available" posts just to post their "hire a real guitarist" sarcasm and irony. hmm i dont suppose that hired guitarist would be willing to play the piece i ask of him at any time i want and need and without a paycheck now would he ?