the most advanced song you produced

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kate Middleton, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Kate Middleton

Kate Middleton Producer

let me know one song you produced or maybe co-produced and it may be about how much money or energy you spent on it.. let me know!!

myself one song i worked really hard on was last year it took me almost 2 months to finish. i wanted it to be perfect.. tested it on so many systems and made so much work on it that i got tired of it finally..

3. Lorrislehorse

Lorrislehorse Ultrasonic

This is more like a remix/cover but we put a ton of work into this.

The original song is from that album, it's "Haunting Kind of high", but on our remix we also used some elements from other songs in the album .
    ▶︎ Dreams of the Deep | Aviators (bandcamp.com)

4. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

where?

5. burgvogt

burgvogt Kapellmeister

I wrote this song to commemorate the passing of my former singer and guitarist. It is based on Deep Purple's Child in Time, which was his signature song. A snippet from a live recording in 1973 has been used to display his spectacular voice. The actual singing is done by
    Synthesizer V , a MIDI to voice AI thing. You enter the melody in MIDI, underlay the lyrics, do a little tweaking and voila you've got a decent sounding demo if you can't sing. Took about a week.
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/32dqx320wou3jii3lyfyz/R-I-P.mp3?rlkey=i6bba2a2xe67km5xfu5u21362&dl=0

6. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

https://www.dropbox.com/s/prk5n3j2g3i7a2e/drumvid 34 icanseeurupset final2.wav?dl=0

definitely not my best song but it was the most advanced technically for me at the time i wrote/recorded it (song is roughly 2 yrs old at this point and i was only ab 3 years into my journey on the recording/mixing side of things). it was my first time ever trying to incorporate any loops or electronic elements into my music. quick breakdown of the elements are as follows: the obvious drum/percussion loop at the beginning that runs throughout the verses was the only pre-made loop, all guitars including bass were tracked direct in and run through different neural dsp plugins, the acoustic drums in the chorus were tracked with my e-drum kit using getgood drums in kontakt and i layered them with samples from the "1987" pack from circles drums to get the big kindof epic ultra processed sound, vocals like everything else on the track were also written/recorded by myself.

it was for sure the most difficult song i've ever mixed just bc of the challenge of balancing everything when there were so many elements, without everything walking allover everything else. and it was just difficult to strike a balance with the fx without overdoing them. which i think is very difficult when you're writing, tracking, performing, producing, mixing, mastering your own stuff without any outside ears to keep you on the road when you start to drift into the ditch haha. becoming snowblind is for sure an ever present risk when creating music solo and exponentially more so the earlier you are in learning to record.

it's completely different from anything else i've ever made and was pretty well out of my comfort zone at the time but i still like the song and am pretty proud of it. i wish i would've went a little higher with the bpm but overall i still dig it.

7. Magic Max

Magic Max Platinum Record

I began work on this track and it ended up an international project, so I ended up as co-producer.

8. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

Funnily enough my most advanced tune isn't my best one