The Mind – Imagination vs Memory- raising enthusiasm for learning more and more

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by foster911, Jul 25, 2016.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thanks @DoubleSharp for introducing the site!

A good essay: Raising enthusiasm for learning more and more of course the relevant subjects

http://www.hearandplay.com/main/mind-your-mind-101-the-imagination-vs-memory-2
    God did not send his Holy Spirit to us to help us play what we do not know but to bring to our remembrance, things that we already know so that we can play them.

In other words, the Holy Spirit can only bring to your memory the things that you are already familiar with. As a child of God who has the Holy Spirit, all that’s going to be brought to your mind are all the things you’re familiar with.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2016
  3. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

The imagination often embellishes memory.

4. That might be part of a great answer to "What constitutes art"?

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

Absolutely but

We're living in the information era. The author tries to tell us that without good learning, no memory will exist and accordingly no imagination. We most of the times escape from learning because we interpret it overwhelming and rely on our random tasks and expect that something new comes out and forget that there are artworks more better than ours done by other people that we simply ignored them. Why, because learning needs effort whereas imagination does not need a lot.

6. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

That doesn't make any sense. Without memory, learning would be pointless.

7. foster911

foster911 Guest

Memory not as a container for preservation. By memory he means new knowledge we acquire by reading, watching, etc.

Before throwing ourselves into something, we should get the knack of it first and don't let our memory be null. Nowadays' rush producers are the leading exponents and good cross sections of this essay.:bleh: Have you heard their excuses for not learning anything by saying I'm sound designer, I am more creative with my DAW, I don't love music theory, it's useless ... :mad:

8. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

I believe you mean for not learning music theory, rather than not learning anything, yes? By practically doing something, you are still leaning, as that is the nature of the beast, so to speak. I myself have bugger all music theory knowledge, but I in no way, let that stop me from making music.