The Legend by Synapse Audio OUT NOW!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Quakeaudio, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Accurate circuit simulation

Two Revisions modeled, Early and Late

8x Oversampled engine

Vectorized core with Unison, Mono and four-voice Polyphony modes

More than 400 patches included

Available as VST, Audio Unit and Rack Extension

99$

http://www.synapse-audio.com/thelegend.html

• Like Like x 12
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Sounds good to me. Lets see what pros here say about this.

4. timer

timer Producer

Never trust a pro. They do it for money. :no:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  5. Close. In my opinion it is excellent work that Synapse has done in order to render their Legend. After listening to both I felt there a depth and visceral impact that the Moog affected that the Legend just couldn't muster though. However, at the end of the day in the context of a mix one would be hard pressed to discern the difference. I hope Synapse fares well with this excellent clone.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Everybody is after "that analog" sound and I still have to hear a VST that sounds as good as the Virus (well, not as good, just "as") after I tried it for real

Good demo, unlike other companies. They show the interface and a hand playing various factory patches. No bullshits, no "This is f**king amazing you gotta have this if you are a pro!" people, straight to the sounds.
    Question since I'm a total noob: can this reproduce most of the sounds the Arturia suite can do? Mostly interested in the Mini, the Jupiter and the Prophet.

7. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Just wondering how it fares compared to Arturia's offering?

8. Probably better as when I auditioned their Moog it wasn't to me lovely, authentic or real. It was flat sounding. I bought their SparkLE because it was inexpensive and gets the job done for me, but the synths to my ear leave me wanting.

• List
  9. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

The Legend

Features summary:

- Accurate Analog Modeling with 8x Oversampling.
    - Mono/Legato, Unison and Four-Voice modes.
    - 3 Oscillators plus Noise (Pink, White).
    - Low-Pass filter with Drive, 12 dB and 24 dB slopes.
    - Delay and Reverb effects.
    - More than 400 patches included.

10. m9cao

m9cao Producer

It's not best emulation indeed, (of course original hardware synths are always best) but enough for EDM production

• List
  11. Bandit

Bandit Producer

Sounds good to me!

12. GODSanAI

GODSanAI Kapellmeister

You guys can actually hear a significant difference? Listening through my monitors and mixing headphones and the difference is trivial.

Just curious would the ones who claim to hear significant differences be able to pick hardware/software in a blind listening test?

13. Piszpunta

Piszpunta Kapellmeister

Is it CPU-heavy?

14. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Demos WIN | MAC

15. Been there, done that. Broke down the files on my tablet in Caustic, doubling each of the same instrument so I had two of each and randomly listened to each one. I was 100% on the money when they were in comparison but found it much harder to hear the difference without something to reference. Like I said, Legend was not as 3D but is close. I can hear subtle differences in comparison as I have been listening critically for over 30 years. My hearing is not quite what it once was in the high range but these kinds of comparisons that matters not. They are more than close enough for the blues, and with other things going on in a mix such as reverb, delay lines, chorus mid/side panning and compression, for all intents and purposes these two are interchangeable.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  16. GODSanAI

GODSanAI Kapellmeister

I'm semi noobish so my ears aren't as well trained and experienced as yours. I appreciate your input and insight into the subject. Now I know that it would be indistinguishable to the consumer's ear, but maybe not so to audiophiles. Could you elaborate on what exactly you listen for when trying to distinguish the difference between hardware/software? Also, in your opinion what is the best vsti for that analog sound?

17. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

Very like that sound! The difference so tiny! Im not shure I would be able to separate that sounds in blind test!
    For moment best sounding Analog VST is DIVA. And if this will use less CPU it will be winner!

18. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

Checked demo. If compare it to DIVA i would say DIVA sounds more lush and creamy, while Legend is bit edgy. And DIVA is winner here to me although it need more CPU. It like compare Moog and Polivoks in real. Legend even looks more like Polivoks.

They sounds FAT!

19. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Ima total noob @ analysis, and critical listen/think. I can't even hear above 22.2Khz. This might be cos my DAW is always set @ 44.1 >__> <__<

Anyway, after fake lies comes fake truth. Well, in this post anyways. There's only prty marginal diff between Legend / mini, afamek. I kinda <3 Monark, and this sounds v similar. Plus, it's Poly! Plus it sounds nice. @ $99 it's prty much an impulse buy. And also pretty. & much moar excite than Keytard / Keyscape. That is all. Oh, except mm does sound lil bttr, even 2 untrained crappy slut ears.

20. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

I'm not a fan of "The Legend". The sounds are nice but it's deja vu.

21. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

how do you hear above 20, i can barely hear 18k