The Infamous CTHULHU and Logic X conspiracy

Discussion in 'Logic' started by OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef, Feb 23, 2014.

1. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

Not really a conspiracy but itll get attention.

So, ive watched the tutorials and such on getting Cthulhu to work in Logic X. And it works. BUT, aside from a minor latency in the initial portion of the midi on the cthulhu track, it works.

What i want to know is HOW to get the midi notes outputted from Cthulhu. Lets say cthulhu makes a chord off a single note i play, i want the output to display the CHORD and not the note. I saw on a tutorial how to do it. But when i try it his way, it doesnt work how he describes it.

Any input would be grandly appreciated.

If i can get this solved it will take away the latency i experience.

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

[​IMG]

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef with another episode of the sneaky sneaky sessions. :rofl:

4. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Use this Free Midi FX Freeze Audio Unit Plugin:

http://www.audiocr.com/index.php

How to use

- Download and install the Audio Unit plugin.
    - Insert Midi FX Freeze Audio Unit plugin at the end of midi fx plugins chain.
    - Locate the region in Logic and enable freeze record button in plugin
    - Play selected project midi track region.
    - Drag recorded "Frozen midi" region back to any track in logic.
    - You can additionally save rendered region to midi file to disk.

Thats it!

Check the Video.....it's easy.

Cheers

5. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

Seems pretty easy, but its also adds an extra step to any cthulhu use every time. SUPPOSEDLY what the tutorial guy said was to connect the output of the midi field section of logic to the input and that will record Cthulhus midi as the chords. That would be easier and take one set up. But when i did that it didnt work.

I will try your method for now as i need to keep the flow going. See what other solutions people come up with.

Thanks Much QUAKE! :mates:

6. OBKenobi

OBKenobi Producer

Yeah, that does work exactly as described in Ableton at least. Did you create a separate MIDI track to record the output or are you trying to record it on the same track as where Cthulhu is? The record track needs to be a separate track.

7. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

Logic requires a separate track. Cthulhu with it as an instrument, and then Massive as an instrument. Then in the midi field cthulhu is connect to massive, but this still doesnt record the midi chords. Except supposedly when you connect the output to the input. which doesnt do diddly pickles.

8. dway

dway Newbie

Cthulhu is Great!

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

10. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

Lovecraft for life :wink: Read those books in grade school. Wish he lived longer to write more. Maybe even do a film of one of his works, PROPERLY. Every attempt at his work in film has been a flop. Same with Mathesons work (I am Legend, except for What Dreams May Come and old Twilight zone works). Dagon, Cloverfield (loosely based off cthulhu), and theres been a few others. All garbage from the ones ive seen.

Except for South Park using him. FUCKING AWESOME.

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Hell yeah, I think Lovecraft was one of the best horror writer. His stories are permeated with such atmosphere that you won't find in a lot of today's writing. By the way there are a couple films that aren't too bad. Perhaps you would like In The Mouth Of Madness, I thought it was actually really good. *yes*

12. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

I strangely wouldnt even call his works horror. Id call them obscure and dark. But they didnt 'scare' or 'horrify' me. They were dark in atmosphere and obtuse in story. But he created such worlds in such short works. Creature made of angles so obtuse and acute they can only be viewed in their natural multi-dimensions. Like... WHOA BRAH!

Him and David Lynch or Jan Svankmajer should have done a film together. Two of the greatest obscure film makers. They would have made an absolutely incredible film together. Im sure Lynch or Svankmajer could still get the rights to film one of his works. Though Lynch is looking mighty old these days. Svankmajer is 79 but still looks younger and healthier than Lynch. Matheson died last year.

13. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah but in those days that's what horror was, it's not necessarily horrifying a lot of the times it was just atmospheric. I mean the central tenet of Lovecraft's work was that there were horrifying forces out there to whom human beings were insignificant. Yeah Lynch is looking old and his last flick Inland Empire wasn't as good as his older stuff.