The idea of getting down ideas?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Maitreya, Apr 26, 2019.

?

Do you plan your tracks ahead of conducting them?

1. Yes i hear voices in my head

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No, i just feel it out

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. eh?

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

So my advice if you actually love music for real not the idea of Fame fortune and partying but real actual music, if you love it and have to do it because your soul can't do anything else.
    Accept music on its own terms for what it is
    It's not sound playing through speakers .
    Music is a language a very specific structure and language works in it's own way.
    Learn what that way is with the same vigor as if you studying to be a lawyer or Dr. Because music just as complex as they are.
    If you love music and have to do it as way to live life . Spend all your time learning every aspect of it.
    Put so much effort into it that you will eventually put your subconscious filled to the brim with every single detail of music.
    Then guess what?
    The quality of music you will eventually make will be of the caliber of the highest film director , or the most successful doctor at a hospital or the biggest actress in Hollywood.
    Please don't treat music like it's a money whore
    Just hit couple buttons on computer ignorantly
    And call yourself musician because it's not the same .

2. electriclash

electriclash Guest

[​IMG]

3. notsoloud

notsoloud Guest

Go clothes shopping with your girlfriend. Sit outside the shops (with all the other disgruntled males) let Arianna Grande and Katy Perry and Billy Eilish subliminally enter your brain. Get home, unwittingly make a collage of every piece of crap you heard and think you've written an original hit.

4. electriclash

electriclash Guest

...or better yourself

by simply asking the question OP rises above the ranks

5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Of course sometimes there going to be people that want to do music or not music but making sounds where they don't have free time it's hobby stress relief and fun in their life that's okay that's healthy too , in that case be honest with yourself and everyone else the place music sits in your life
    ( Like it , and find value in it but not dedicating your entire living breathing life to it )
    In that case make sure to bring respect for professionals and never pose .
    Just like if you play hoops on side your garage you don't go around saying you are a professional athlete to everyone or yourself .

6. recycle

recycle Guest

Do you remember the bad man who comes into your dreams and sneakily steals your melodies?

it's me...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. lasteno

lasteno Platinum Record

music exists from thousands of years ago.. from the Arabs to The old China.. to the old America.. not only what the western world thinks that music IS it will Always BE that. wrong.

8. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

dis mofo sending us gifs from 1998...

9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Here is a condensed packet of musical knowledge that you can use instantly and transform your playing .

Play low note E alternating G

Then on top while the bottom rings out

Play
    GBD
    AC#E
    C#EG
    F#AC#

Now , what you do is a pattern of forward ,backward

So
    E then G on bottom ringing out

Then on top register play this

G B D (E C# A) C# E G(C# A F#)

Next reverse to play backward then forward
    E then G bottom ringing out
    D B G ( AC#E) GEC#(F#AC#)

Have fun with it!

10. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Well said, all the analysis of music and the making of it.
    But then I, 13 years old and playing little league baseball, run over to the bleachers to get my jacket and hear this girl singing with her friend. I don't know what song, but i get chills in my spine from her voice and the notes i can hear. (Her friend's voice is not so good.)
    That little girl did not spend many years to learn how to make music, but she has an instrument connected to her brain and emotions ever since she was born. So maybe 8 or 9 years to learn / practice. But most don't do that very young, at least in those days. Good music activates what is inside us emotionally to feel a certain way, according to the music.
    So, complex patterns of many instruments excites me, the sound of "snares only" at the football game makes my blood rush, an accidental touch to a guitar string can make me calm and think deeply, like a single piano note or two leads me to a sad place.
    It does not take so many years to learn to make good music for those who find the path. They may not even know what they are doing when they find that chord pattern with a different touch on the keys...but they feel something and know to remember it and follow it. And when it is heard some others feel it too, with their own emotions, but via the same emotional machinery.
    To make formalized music is one thing and amateur or casual music another thing, but the important thing is what we feel from it regardless of how it came to be.
    That is why crap music can be popular, playing on "cheap" emotional responses, yet the best music does the same, only we know from the emotions which we consider better or more worthwhile.

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

That's the interesting thing about the process.
    Sone people , a beginner that they are naturally evoke powerful emotion in the little they are able to do. However years into development that same person will be a historical icon . Where as if they have a natural gift but don't develop they still evoke powerful emotion, just not enough the stand the test of time ( their full potential)
    We see this in every profession . Maybe an athlete natural gift but blows out leg early on when goes Into different profession. Etc.
    The thing is music
    Right now is worthless trash to most
    They refuse to pay for it.
    And what they being asked to pay for most of the time?
    Put it this way , every single person 3 weeks into music school can replicate the pop song charts.
    We mostly presented with nursery rhyme horseshit and it's called music .
    But real actual music ( no matter the speed or complexity)
    When you hear it feels like the way your favorite movies of all time , not at all similar to a home video ca0tured with 6 year old iturd phone .
    Real music has same complexity as a motion picture.
    All the work involved , is same amount as any other profession .

12. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Put it this way , I can take any random person and 3 hour lesson teach them guitar for a famous rock band entire album .( Same every genre)
    Can you learn brain surgery in a 3 hour sitting?
    This gives impression
    Most people that music is just somethibg anyone can do splatter paint on canvas type thing .
    And most go whole life never hearing real actual music .it's cuz we as socitey threw away music and traded it in for a type lottery of sex drugs fame fortune which anyone can partake with zero effort .
    And of course now it's caught up to us noone will buy music and they shouldbt for garbage anyone in 3 hours could do.

13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

14. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I like to start with the harmony so I can play around with the chord tones and non-chord tones, in order to enhance the feel and flow of the lyrics.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  15. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Yes even that young girl ... was simply playing an instrument part of a song she heard.
    Playing an instrument is not making music?
    Well, we have a problem of definition perhaps.
    A sound or just a line, however well done or whatever the response, is not a song.
    But "music" is very general term and you are focusing most on music for mass consumption ... commercial music.
    Certainly our culture allows a market for poorly done commercial music, and what is popular does not mean what is best, and most of us may never hear the best of what is produced, or NOT produced due to the cultural environment.

16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

It is an interesting thing , that most people now associate music as being sound which comes out their speakers .
    Imagine if most people thought that a motion picture was shapes and color changing on a screen .
    But the real intetesting thing about human beings ears is that it's not like our eyes where we just see in 4k right away .
    We actually have to develop our testing and it takes quite a bit of effort to develop your ears to be the equivalent of seeing in 4k.
    It is because of this and our desire to monetize everything that exists , I believe we started slipping and overtime most people's ears are so bad , that hearing a 3 Min song that stays on one chord the whole time actually sounds like something is happening , even though it us essentially the equivalent to a baby saying goo goo gah gah .
    Hopefully now that music cannot be sold anymore people will play music fir the sake of expressing what is inside of them again.

17. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

But ...what if ...for most people, "what is inside them" IS "goo goo gaa gaa" ?

18. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

I can produce an infinite number of songs if I have an instrument. It is all about your skill to play your instrument and knowledge of music.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I often starts with my piano a piece of music paper, pencil and eraser.

That´s what works the best for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Maitreya

Maitreya Ultrasonic

Haha, I dont frequent malls - but i get your point on the subconcious.

Guess its an individual thing. Conciousness is such that there is an infinate spectrum of possibilities. I dont have TV, Radio etc. I dont go to the movies, i dissasociated myself from it all a few years back. None of it does anything for me anyore. I pretty much spend any second of free time above my wage slavery and family commitments making music with my daw. I purposefuly dont listen to much music anymore. I have heard enough and explore every now and then to get a feel for whats going on. But i guess that whole collage of stuff you heard in the past thing is only as powerful as the spirit of the person in question. I dont make music for anyone, i just explore. As corny as it sounds, i look at the time i spend with my creative tools as meditiation. There is literally no intention, just play and exploration. I often wind up with pretty decent work, in relation to the work of my peers, when i do this. Though this comes from a long many years of practice (meditation) Maybe ill share some of it on here one day to prove it is of a high enough standard, and original enough in that the melodies etc dont sound contrived and done to death.

I dont think everyone is born to express themselves through music, i do think that real musical talent is a gift. I think that it is again a spectrum though, and the idea of what makes a good artist is pretty subjective. Though i think those at the less musically inclined end of the spectrum certainy do unconciously regurgitate background noise and think they are original. Still, thats not what i was alluding to in my OP :)