The Ghost Of Jimmy Savile (Demo 1) Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by kearnsy, Feb 8, 2013.

1. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

3. sicksystem

sicksystem Newbie

Excellent kearnsy !

When i was a kid, i used to love Jimmy Savile and my mam always said "no i don't like him because there is something not right about him !"
    Now i know what she meant ! It just goes to show you that parents don't always talk nonsense ! The frightening thing about pedos, is that they get so well protected by our soceiety. Great to see someone being creative with the subject. Make pedo Jim turn in his grave ! Well done ! :wink:

4. basslineskanker

basslineskanker Newbie

Fuckin top track m8. Proper made me choke on me tea and me sides ache.

Reckon Matthew Kelly needs a shout out tho ; )

Cheers for download an all!

5. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Excellent track about a disgusting man

6. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Sweet track Bro!

This one kinda had me rolling on the floor:

7. London007

London007 Member

Wow, my initial thoughts were that this was going to be something hideously cheesey - but wow Kearnsy, this is actually a damn good track you've made.

It's useful that you've put a note in there for non-UK people that might see this. As I'm fairly sure he was completely unknown outside of the UK, which means the rest of the world was lucky to have never known what a fooking slimey scumbag pedo piece of shit that he was. I kind of admired him when I was a kid, and was impressed that he had practically invented the idea of "discotheques"... now I just think he's a total cunt that deserves to be dead. Anyway, great track dedicated to everything we hate about this monster in the perfect way.

8. Devlin

Devlin Newbie

First, like your voice and way of singing. Second, i dont wanna hear too much about this sick person. Think the subject and lyrics are inpropiate or whatever you call it. It isnt right.

If you want to make a music career as an amateur or semi professional and you release this song, people wont take you seriously. What's next? A song about cancer? So, touchy subject tho' it might be funny or so. I didnt laugh. Roger Moore's lawyer will laugh....

Then, the kick sounds out of key. The handclaps and snares could use some reverb. Your voice is too loud in the mix. The double handclaps are too loud.

Why no harmony singing, double voicing at the chorus hey kids leave them alone (too pink floydish), guitar solo can be louder. That double clap during guitar solo, i should made just one clap. Outro is way too long and make an end. Fading outro is not creative. It doesnt fits you...

Your song one of these days is so much better, lyrically, song structure, the whole thing. I really would buy a CD if it is full of songs like this. IF i'm at your concert and you play that Jimmy Saville or that Phedophile and terrorist song as a new song and your last songs, i will walk away.

'cause you simply didnt get it as a musician. If i wanna hear stand up comedian with touchy subjects and quirky songs, ill go over there...

:wink:

9. basslineskanker

basslineskanker Newbie

'De shnare und hi hats need reverb' :rofl:.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess music and (politically incorrect) comedy combo is something Germans don't tend to go for.

10. Devlin

Devlin Newbie

Limb and buy a better pair of glasses! :rofl:

11. basslineskanker

basslineskanker Newbie

If i were you i'd stop using google translate cos that didn't make any sense.

12. Devlin

Devlin Newbie

Got ya! I need that reaction to know what kinda person you are

:wink:

13. lekb

lekb Newbie

Shit the lyrics give me the creeps, no offence. This cunt was only the tip of the iceberg, our ruling classes are riddled with them along with mp's, councilors and police. They knew about his activities for over 40 years. Thanks for bringing attention to this very serious matter. I forgot to say nice music as well, snares a bit low, maybe you need some nyc on your drums.anyway good work,all the best mate.

14. sicksystem

sicksystem Newbie

Devlin is right, if you want to become a part of the music "industry", don't sing songs about pedophiles, or any other social disorders, breaches of human rights, repression, ecological disasters, and...and..and. In fact don't write any songs at all, because you will be told what to sing, and how to play it.

Kearnsy's song sounds genuine to me. We all have different ways of packing the emotional parcels that we send out into the world.I can't detect any aspects of a stand-up comedian in the spirit of the song, just a sad, angry, sarcastic undertone. As far as political integrity goes, you should always do your homework.(Devlin's right,the lawyers are always ready to jump on you). Surprisingly, Jimmy Savile is well known on the continent, as "Top of the pops" was quite popular in the whole of Europe.

Emotionally,I feel that pedophiles should be hung,drawn and quartered.
    Intellectually I know that they are sick people who endanger the lives of other people(yes children grow up), and that they should be isolated, and not protected by society.

PLEASE !!! PLEASE !!! Keep writing songs about these things, and everything that you feel strongly about, otherwise we might as well get rid of our instruments, and our ears too !!

15. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Cheers dude, ha ha that videos's class, love it

16. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

I totally understand what you're saying Devlin, the thing is, in the UK not many bands/artists seem to be writing about the kind of subject matter i write about, it's not going to attract a mainstream audience, i get that, from my perspective if i can make people think, then i've dome my job

Agree with what you're saying about the production side of things though, but in my defence it is just the first rough demo just to get the basic idea down, there's so much more work i need to do to the track before it's complete

Thanks for listening and commenting though dude, much appreciated

17. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Totally

What pisses me off is the general public just don't want to know about the truth, just keep feeding them gameshows and give them fancy new gadgets and they're happy

18. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Cheers for taking the time out to listen and comment folks

I've got a series of songs planned exposing the likes of the pope, the queen, and other assorted dictators, so watch this space