The full song (released the acoustic one upfront)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Polymetrix, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

So here it is. I hope you enjoy it
    (back to a regular video for this one)

3. foster911

foster911 Guest

Undoubtedly the kick-ass tune of the week or maybe the month.:yes:

May I put a new proposal forward to @SAiNT to devise a mechanism for putting the song of the week (chosen by voters) at some place in the homepage like AZ? This really motivates members to post more music and also work at superduper quality.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Polymetrix

Thank you very much!

There's only one way to express my gratitude (just for clarification as this is the internet: no sarcasm intended):
    [​IMG]

5. Beth

Beth Guest

#23 of 100 is quite superb......and what's more it features the return of my favorite bass player Mr BoxHead ! :)
    It's one that will stick in the memory :)
    Bravo ! Bravo ! Bravo !

6. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

interesting idea. i will definitely give it a thought. :like:

7. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Says the one who will never post a song, because he can't finish a song, even if Mozart himself would teach him some lessons:winker:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

@Polymetrix you never disappoint me. I like it very much, especially the solo! Nice video work (but, erm, the stereotype of wind-blown hair, really?), and lyrics.

Production-wise I would like to say that the song is very mid-freq-heavy. The low end is ok for the bass, but the drums are barely noticable, and I miss some air (apart from the distortion noise). If there are any hihats, cymbals, rides or the like in there I didn't notice them. Note, these are points regarding production, they don't touch at all what I said above!

(...If you want me to hear #100 you should speed things up a little bit, I'm not the youngest and expect to die in 30 years...)

9. Polymetrix

@tulamide Yeah wind-blown hair! :D I HAD to do this...I filmed the first two solos (the ones in the middle and on the right) and then noticed the fan...grinned...switched it on, recorded it and...there you go...I love playing with clichées why else would the bassplayer be the weirdo? ;)

Mixwise: I noticed YouTube's really heavy "let's mess everything up"-processing lately (they definitely changed something during the last two or three months) so I've tried to accommodate for that a little by being defensive on the hi-end. The 'real' version will now always be the one on bandcamp (should be free to stream, if not let me know):

On the low end: I can hear the kick and bass easily and the toms too - but they're not really busy in this song (so you have to wait for them anyway :D ). I didn't want them to be too punchy this time either so I've been really soft on comp and EQ there...might've ended up a little too soft then. It's easier to make the usual punchy metal stuff than tuning it down a little suddenly. Learning, learning.

Just FYI: the high-end in general is a little critical for me as my ear-drums are scarred which, weirdly enough, results in me being overly sensitive for anything beyond 5k. That's why I could delete any guitar cab IRs using the SM57. They are all absolutely useless to me no matter how high their quality. Before you ask what happend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tympanostomy_tube 11, yes ELEVEN times, both sides since I was four. In for six months, out for six months, problem resurfaced, in again. So whenever my tracks are a little on the dull side I went for my own preference on treble and presence too much. Edit: noticed that I should clarify that I can't hear that area better but am more sensitive - it hurts quite easily.

I am pretty sure you will live to hear #100. The original announcement said within 10 years, it's 2 years in November and then I'll be at least at 26 so in six years time it's over - and I am confident I'll release two songs in one month from time to time. But I definitely plan to get a band together to play live at least once which could slow it down...on the other hand: depending where you all live (and where we would play) you're definitely invited which should make up for a few missed releases :bleh:

@Beth Thank you very much! :thanks:
    Mr. Boxhead will soon get a second hat to wear for special occasions so watch out for that...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  10. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Nothing's worse than a musician that has issues with his ears. Whenever my ears are clogged I realize how much I rely on them. I would have difficulties to live with a permanent ear defect.
    Yes, I could hear the bandcamp stream, and it is slightly better. I see now what you mean by YT's processing. It isn't really game changing, but the bancamp version sounds cleaner and "tidier". And don't get me wrong: I do hear the kick, snare and tom, but they are so far in the back that the song wouldn't miss anything if they weren't there. What I couldn't hear was any hihat or the like. And I don't hear any on the bandcamp version. So, if they are in, they don't show up. If you didn't use any hi-freq perc like hh, then I understand the lack of air.

Be assured, and I'm dead serious, if you do that and are near, I'll make sure to come! So keep us updated with a list of places and dates, when you are ready.