The Dream Machine ! - New Vai JEM

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by akashaman, Feb 27, 2018.

1. akashaman

akashaman Guest

tt.jpg rr.jpg hey all :

scored one of my dream machines , the blue floral JEM !
    i used to have the original `88 floral JEM , then i traded it for the white / gold one
    but it got stolen last year :(
    SO ! i got another one , ha :
    these were just reissued , the 1st blue JEM was released in 91 i believe and ran for a few yrs :
    anyway ; just wanted to show it off : its nice to have another JEM again ; wish i could " collect them all " ! hehehe

rock on

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. electriclash

electriclash Guest

Congrats man! Beautiful instrument, I still use the original floral one in studio quite often. Recently had it refretted and reset; between that and the thin neck it plays like a dream for sure :wink::wink::wink: Love your wood tone as well! :shalom::drunks:

4. akashaman

akashaman Guest

wow ! very cool u still have one & re fretted ; nice - they do play like a dream
    i miss mine , this will do for now :)
    TY

5. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Awesome looking axe! I've never played one to be honest. I remember them doing 7 strings when nobody else was.
    I love the floral fretboard inlays!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

This is probably a Japan made one ;)
    Nice !

7. akashaman

akashaman Guest

Indonesia !
    TY

8. digitaldragon

We should start a guitar thread where we can post axe pictures... or do they already have one?

9. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

Very pleased to read/see that you have your ideal guitar again, It is so important to have guitars and/or bass guitars which suit each individual player's needs and wants, It accelorates inspiration and makes the instrument much harder to put down. So yeah sweet news that is :guitarhero:

I have a number of Ibanez's myself and each of them are really good, Suit my needs/wants.

Not really my dream machine but I've had a number of things stolen off Me over the years, The worst one guitar wise being from a finacial point of view being an ESP custom shop Horizon NT-II which was very similar to the standard NT-II finished in dark brown burst, Except I chose a satin finish for all areas except the quilted maple top and matching headstock piece since dulling down those elements would not have done it justice obviously. It also had a reverse headstock which is important to Me on regular scale-length guitars as I tune down rather heavily along with fitting most of my guitars to heavier gauge strings than the vast majority of player's would use on a 25.5-Inch/normal scale-length, So the holes for the body, the TOM saddle gooves, nut, Heck even down to the locking tuners we're routed/drilled/cut to accomodate which an off the shelf model just can't even fit through the ferrules, So with the reverse headstock and the extra liberal sized ferrules through to machine head post routing work is unique to that guitar.
    It had a sustainer system at the neck and an EMG 85 at the bridge as I prefer alnico v based magnets to almost all ceramic magnet based humbuckers (I really like the Seymour Duncan alternative eight which is a unique pickups using an alnico VIII magnet).
    I had a mini toggle along with the one for the sustainer modes which no matter where all pots were set including push/pull and any other switch was at hardwired the signal to the bridge pickup, That enabled Me to go from swept picking or any kind of setting with the sustainer system engaged right to instant full on brigde pickup all out. That is something that I inorporated first into one of my old, pre-Fender Jackson's as I was getting frustrated playing live wanting to be capable of instantly going from a liquid style high gain lead sound on the neck humbucker with the tone rolled off for swept passages and tapping shred work to flat out, Full on attack with clarity at the bridge with tone maxed for technical palm muted rhythmic work...It works a treat but isn't a necassity unless I'm playing live, I hope that makes sense and I'd be happy to try to explain better if I've not described that switching well enough.
    That ESP Horizon was a proper piece of hand crafted and finished artwork which is as good as any other guitar I've played that suits my needs in a guitar (still is for that matter for which ever piece of shit, absolute low life scumbag theif has it or someone who has it but doesn't know that it is non-kosher).

It was not a guitar that had been in the collection long enough to be my go to and it hadn't built up the sentimental value which a number of other guitars I have hold, The most sentimental of all of my guitars ironically would not have much in the way of value if I we're to attempt to sell it, It is the neck with this being a bolt-on I am talking about which is just one I'm so comfortable with and familar.

I'd love a thread dedicated to guitars, bass guitars + pedals, combos, heads and cabs, Rack gear and anything else playing or rig related to talk with anyone here that loves to share pics, info and what they've bought/traded, loved and kept and disliked/gotten rid of, That would be a thread I would be all over absolutely absorbed in... rig :beg: and tribute
    :goodpost:
    FUCKIN A CALL! I'm down digitaldragon

All the very best to all of course

Dean

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  10. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Is nice to see others that are "ibba" freaks.. as it happends some of us have a twist on it.. and just has to collect as much as they can.. and yes there are some JEM's in there somewhere :) 01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  11. digitaldragon

Holy Smokes, @Vaijj, that ALOT of Ibanez's!

12. akashaman

akashaman Guest

13. akashaman

akashaman Guest

DAMN : wow ,that sounds like a really sweet machine :winker:

sorry to hear it was stolen :! :dont:

14. electriclash

electriclash Guest

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  15. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    This is the greatest idea in a long time, an instrument galley: guitars, basses, synths, maracas, you name it.

16. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

I'm more Jackson ;)
    Old black Dinky with EMG81 and preamp single.
    New 7 strings JS32Q with Petrucci pickup bridge.

It is time to take photos :D
    PS : edited Kelly to "Dinky"

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  17. digitaldragon

That's me, Jackson all the way! Just recently got a Dinky DK-2S with the sustainiac in it. NOS.
    It's definitely picture time.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. akashaman

akashaman Guest

I also have a bad ass late 90s Jackson dark green with a pull out gain knob and EMG pickups !
    It plays very nice as well !

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

19. digitaldragon

upload_2018-3-1_16-3-38.png
    My 2 Jacky's. The left one has the mid boost circuitry in it.

20. akashaman

akashaman Guest

wow , those are really nice ! 3 pickups , killer , ha
    so thats what that pull out knob does , boost mids ?

what do u have on the black one ?

21. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Nice to see Jacksons, too :D

@akashaman a friend of mine got the first serie of floral JEM, like yours. He was a Vai fan, learning and listening to Passion and Warfare in loops :phunk:
    This guitar is VERY special in my heart : it is one of the first guitar i seen and touched, from a friend who helped me learning guitar.
    And my first guitar shock listening to Passion and Warfare, and Satriani Surfing with the alien and Flying in a Blue Dream :metal: